Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its getting to that time to start thinking about tires again. I had Nitto Trail Grapplers and they have worn horribly i am looking into getting either michelins or terra grapplers i drive on the highway a lot but also drive on muddy dirt roads and plow during the winter does anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Terra Grapplers wear pretty fast... but they are good tires.

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles do you have on yours?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
fierce attitude mt i got 36000 m out of my last set and still sold them for used .
i run mud gravel landfills and a lot of hiway pullin 12000lbs . they are a hard rubber
and very good weight rating 3860 single

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
BFG!!!! I get around 50k out of a set depending on how much offroading I do. They are good in snow and decent on muddy roads. As long as it is not mudbog muddy.x

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
bfg all terrain ta k/o's all the way, they last forever and work great as long as you don't get yourself sunk in clay/sand :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have had terra grap, bfg, and now dueller revo 2 revo is my pic of the three, and less than bfg

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
i love my hancook all terrains

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
In the same situation. Terra grappers wore out quick on me. Thinking Michelin M/S2, but hear BFG's are better for offroad traction.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
IMO go with the Michelin A/T2. You said you drive hwy a lot & on muddy dirt roads and plow during the winter. Michelin A/T2. A better all around tire.

I have both. spring-summer I put on Michelin M/S2 & fall-winter Michelin A/T2.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also run the Hankook RF10's and have 60k on them still with some tread. Probably could have gotten 10-15K more if it weren't for that heavy ass right foot.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I'm thinking if I'm gonna spend money I might as well get the best if I'm shelling out that much for tires and the 70,000 mile warrenty on the michelins sounds pretty sweet also.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Mickey Thompson ATZ or Dick Cepek Fun Country II ran both on my Cummins and got 40k or better and they do respectable in mud.

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think ive made up my mind and i'm gonna go with the Michelin LTX M/S 2's my neighbor has a set on his 07 dmax and loves them and says they plow like theres no tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
How many miles did you get on your Trail Grapplers? I want this tire next on my truck.

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
How many miles did you get on your Trail Grapplers? I want this tire next on my truck.

I put about 17k miles on my Terra grapplers, look to have 50% tread left. Lot of highway driving, with a heavy right foot!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts