Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a new house and I have to fit the truck in the garage. I’m about 1” too high. Does anyone know of a low profile antenna (I think it’s for Onstar) on the roof? Looking for a good replacement wired out of the bottom for easy plug and play replacement. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
That's your XM radio antennae. The plug that goes into the radio appears to be standardized because I was able to plug the factory cable into a Pioneer radio. You should be able to pick up an aftermarket antennae and relocate it. That or relocate the shark fin to the cowl like the radio antennae.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I memory serves me right that antenna has multiple purposes.

I think some do all the below.
--XM Radio
--Onstar
--GPS

This being said would double check on what your has.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Buying a new house and I have to fit the truck in the garage. I’m about 1” too high. Does anyone know of a low profile antenna (I think it’s for Onstar) on the roof? Looking for a good replacement wired out of the bottom for easy plug and play replacement. Thanks!!

I had to remove the trim around the garage door and install a thinner trim to fit my truck. I'd say I had about 1/2 inch clearance. If you live in a state where it snows and the truck is inside the garage, you better shovel the driveway. I didn't and drove out of the garage and heard a "crunch" shark fin antenna was gone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts