Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
see if anyone can help me out here...
was doing an egr delete and had everything done and proceeded to switch out the y bridge for a hsp one. Pried the original one loose and in doing so the pry bar contacted the positive on the passengers side alternator. Yea I know I should have disconnected the battery’s. I beat myself up about it enough already. Since then I proceeded to start the truck when finished with everything to add coolant back in it and when I turn the key I get the door chime and no dash lights and no starter engage. The truck is tuned and was running with just the egr unplugged prior to this. it had zero issues. I check all fuses and relays in both side door fuse boxes and under the hood and they are good. Drivers side battery is 12 volts and pass side battery is 8.7 volts. All wiring harnesses and plugs that are supposed to be hooked up are and the ones for the egr are disconnected. Any help would be more then greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Chris.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
For starters, charge your batteries, both of them. You need to be pretty close to 12.7 volts. At 12V, you are about 45% of good charge, at 8.7, you aren't even in the game.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Any updates?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
see if anyone can help me out here...
was doing an egr delete and had everything done and proceeded to switch out the y bridge for a hsp one. Pried the original one loose and in doing so the pry bar contacted the positive on the passengers side alternator. Yea I know I should have disconnected the battery’s. I beat myself up about it enough already. Since then I proceeded to start the truck when finished with everything to add coolant back in it and when I turn the key I get the door chime and no dash lights and no starter engage. The truck is tuned and was running with just the egr unplugged prior to this. it had zero issues. I check all fuses and relays in both side door fuse boxes and under the hood and they are good. Drivers side battery is 12 volts and pass side battery is 8.7 volts. All wiring harnesses and plugs that are supposed to be hooked up are and the ones for the egr are disconnected. Any help would be more then greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Chris.
On pass side top of battery box is circuit panel with 5 aluminum plates they work as fuses 1 or 2 are blowed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts