Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok so this weekend I need to rent a skid steer to do some work around work.. Anyway on Sunday I want to take it to a offroad club I belong to so I plan on getting a trailer and towing it with my dmax. I told my dad the idea and he freaked! Now granted there is a pretty steep hill about 2 miles long leading to the club but not horrible. Anyway he said "you bought a $50,000 truck and it wasnt made to pull all that and the tranny would fry if you do!!!!" :rof I was like WTF?! He hasnt spoke to me for two days! The skid steer ways 7500 and renta trailer ways about 3000. :rolleyes:

I have been preaching to my father the benifits of my D/A and how it has more power than the 3116 CAT I own but...... :confused:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
let-er-rip...i ran my 3/4 ton gmc with little over 10k and it handled it like a dream,minus the trailer liked to sway down hill over 70mph..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tow a 14,000 lbs. rated carhauler with a 247 cat loader , cutter, forks bucket , it comes in at 11,000 lbs or more. This is what this truck is built for!
Go for it.
You will need a electric brake controller and use the tow mode.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i haul two of the 247's almost every day and no problems just need good brakes
p.s. CATS RULE !!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah that will be a walk in the park, Ive towed 18k no prob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts