Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy..
I have a 2017 LTZ. I have mounted a camera system display and CB on a mount I built. The mount sits in the center console just ahead of the console cup holders. This setup is used when we tow our RV.

This works well because it is a 'clean' looking install where the cupholder is functional yet covers the big center hole ahead of the cupholder. I can access the power and USB easily.

All sounds great.. however, having them so low, out of the line of sight is really unsafe and distracting. My goal therefore is to move the mounts and the devices higher..

A thought is to make a wood or composite platform to be on the dash... Yes, I know it is unsafe... but choices are limited in our 'new technology' world.. funny, huh...

Ok.. then again, my lovely Bride of 43 years is having trouble seeing over the dash before I put anything on the dash.

So... anyone done something like this.. or any ideas how I could mount a 7" video screen, standard CB and Amateur radio for the driver side dash?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
For my ham radio (Kenwood TM-D710G) I mounted the unit to the back of the inside of the cab, below the rear seat, and use remote cables for the mic and for the head unit which I have mounted on top of the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts