Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got new component front speakers and a 4 channel a 4 channel amp to install but im not sure how to run it in place of the bose amp/speakers/sub

anyone know how to add everything to a factory head unit? :help:help

·
Registered
90 Posts
You need 2 line level converters. You grab the outputs at the harness on the back of the deck, convert them to RCA with the line level converters, then run the RCAs to the new amp, new amp goes to the components. They sell Line Level Converters at most auto parts stores now...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do i need 2 :confused ive got one already just not sure what needs to stay and what goes

·
Registered
90 Posts
So we are clear, your stereo is ALL stock Bose right now...

You are looking to replace just the front speakers with components, and want to run an amp on just the front speakers, leaving everything else Bose in place?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have coaxial memphis speakers in the back already to also be amped, i want to basically run the stock unit with an aftermarket amp/speakers and eventually add a sub/amp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah, ok then yes you need 2 line level converters. One is for the Front Speakers, 1 is for the rear speakers. You will be using the factory head unit to send a signal to your aftermarket amp, the aftermarket amp will take front and rear rca inputs since its a 4 channel. If your amp has whats called "High Level" inputs, you can run the speaker wires from the deck, directly to the amp, then to the speakers. Make sense?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, my line converter is already a 4 channel so i should be good right?

i know a lot about stereo wiring just not integrating with the bose system

thanks man :drink and any other input is helpful!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh ok then yea you should be good. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts