Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Curious if anyone on here has install AMP power steps on a GMC Crew cab? Had them on my 15 and hated how you had to cut the flare for the step to fit into when folded... from the looks of it this is not the case on the new version... Im not able to find installed pics anywhere to verify though... So if you have them on your GMC please post some pics...
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve heard you can get the AMP brackets for the 1/2 ton trucks which makes the steps stay tucked more under the truck. I don’t know this to be true. It would be of no value on the passenger side unless you had a way deleting the DEF system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Has anyone had issues with their steps getting stuck and not coming down?
Not with the L5P trucks, the Amp steps for our has two motors per side so they go up and down pretty smooth.

There is always this DEF tank relocation option that's about to get released.

Attachments

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,994 Posts

No. Put them on my LB7 5 years ago and they’ve been flawless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone else running amp steps? Looking at purchasing them for my 2017 I would like to hear more feed back, good and bad. These damn things are expensive but the wife has them on her Yukon Denali and is requesting them on my truck.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
They are better than any other step on the side of a pickup. My opinion, of course. But I've never heard anyone who had them that didn't like them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone else running amp steps? Looking at purchasing them for my 2017 I would like to hear more feed back, good and bad. These damn things are expensive but the wife has them on her Yukon Denali and is requesting them on my truck.
Love them. Wont own a different type running board. Second truck i have put them. Never issues in the winter time. I usually lubricate the moving parts with silicone spray after every other wash.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've got them on my 2017 and love them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put these on my 18 GMC 2500. I couldn’t wait to install them. The drivers side came out Puss. The passenger side was different. I could not adjust the gap even after installing a new actuator on the rear (warranty) I took the step off numerous times and started over to see if I did something wrong. Completed the torque sequence that is suggested in the book. When I went to get my lift kit installed I had NorCal truck look at it. They said there is nothing you can do, amp steps haven’t figured out the Def tank issue. They suggested relocating the tank and using different legs to suck the steps up underneath a little tighter. I do love them and besides the slightly bigger gap compared to the drivers side,

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had AMP steps on my 2009 GMC Sierra for a few years now. Not ONCE have they acted up or failed to retract.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts