Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one more question for everybody...I was looking at Diesel Concentrate Performance Fuel Additive from Amsoil...and it says it's made for Heavy Duty trucks...does that mean big rigs? Or does my truck qualify? And if I'm getting 20 gallons of gas...do I just dump the stuff in my tank before I pump everytime? I'm sorry if I sound stupid..but I'm very new to all of this. And there was another type of fuel additive called Stanadyne or something like that...is it any better? Or are they pretty much all the same?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
AMsoil stuff is real ggod stuff but all of the big time durmax guru's swear by the stanadyne additive for the fuel. MYself i use power service fuel treatment!

BTW Welcome to the site!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, amsoil stuff is really good stuff...I haven't used it yet because of availability and shipping to Alaska. You will want to put the additive in your tank before refueling. Myself, I am one of those people that uses stanadyne almost exclusively. I have used power service fuel treatment and noticed no difference from stanadyne. It all comes down to personal preferrence, availability, and price that you are willing to spend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check w/ your dealer also. Don't hold me to this, but my local dealership sells the Stanadyne. They talked like that was the only additive they would honor w/ warranty issues. I'm not saying it is gospel truth, you know how some dealerships are. Either trying to sell you that product or just giving you an answer.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
The Amsoil and Stanadyne are both great products. Both offer high concetrations of cetane improver and lubrication additive. The heavy Duty Diesel additive by Amsoil seems to have a little more of the lubrication additive in it than that stanadyne.
Power service is good too, but is more dilluted.

PS> Overuse is not harmfull with diesel additives, only a waste of $$

Happy dieseling!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
There is no way they can void a warranty over you not using one brand of fuel additive. They are trying to sell their product.

As for the Amsoil additive, I use it in every tank in both my trucks. Great stuff. As for heavy duty diesels, the Dmax is one. So is the Cummins. The powerstroke claims to be but the jury is still out on that one.:rof
Just kidding.

Its fine to use in any diesel motor, even equipment and such. One bottle treats 80 gallons, so if you are only going to put in about 20 gallons you will need about a 1/4 of a bottle. Not real critical on the mix.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used their fuel and oil products in my gas truck for years and was always satisfied with it. I have been looking for stanadyne here locally with no luck anyone in Evansville IN area no where i can find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts