Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck has 34k miles. Does this look bad, do I need to go ahead and change the oil... ? Get rid of my truck or what. I'm freaking out

HERE IS THE REPORT FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit. Let me see

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't have your email what is it ??

Nvm found it

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
should be able to upload a PDF

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have no idea how to do that on iPad. Maybe Willie will post it up

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
should be able to upload a PDF
I can email it to anyone who wants to see it and try to get it posted on this thread. I need the truck this weekend and need advice asap.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
email it to either me or tony...we can edit your first post.

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Yeh I'm kinda wanting to see this. I tried to look at it last night but it told me to log in

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Without being able to see it, I can tell you that higher contamination levels on a low mileage motor arent that unusual, particularly metal and silica. These are from the motor still breaking in where more wear will occur. Ive seen analysis from motors with less than 1000mi on them saying that the oil is no good and needs to be changed, these are motors right off the dealer lot

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
you can see copper colored metal shit in my oil when i change it and mine still runs i'd say fuck it, run it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Id like to see it [email protected] My oil analysis guy will be here at the shop this afternoon from Polaris labs. And he will look at it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would like to see it too. Am curious how well it held up being tested by a non Amsoil rep

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
you can see copper colored metal shit in my oil when i change it and mine still runs i'd say fuck it, run it.
Sounds like you wore through the bearing metal on your bearings and are into the copper bearing shell plating.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts