Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to delete my truck and a local shop that was recommended to me uses Anarchy tunes. The guy who recommended them to me is pretty happy with his tunes but I’ve heard very little about the Anarchy tunes before and know they’re mainly used on Cummins trucks. The shop does it through either EFI or EZ Lynk and he seems to be pretty reasonable on prices as well. I know and have read several threads on people being very happy with their PPEI tuning, so how does the Anarchy tunes stack up against them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’m getting ready to delete my truck and a local shop that was recommended to me uses Anarchy tunes. The guy who recommended them to me is pretty happy with his tunes but I’ve heard very little about the Anarchy tunes before and know they’re mainly used on Cummins trucks. The shop does it through either EFI or EZ Lynk and he seems to be pretty reasonable on prices as well. I know and have read several threads on people being very happy with their PPEI tuning, so how does the Anarchy tunes stack up against them?

My son is running an EFI Anarchy single tow tune on his 3500. Hasn’t had any issues. Pulls his 42’ 5er all over the Rockies. He’s been pleased with it. About a year installed & 15k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
We have Anarchy tunes on the 2011 and the dsp5 switch with no problems and very little smoke, don't know about PPEI tunes on the LML but we had them on an 06 and they were pretty smoky and customer service sucked then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have Anarchy tunes on the 2011 and the dsp5 switch with no problems and very little smoke, don't know about PPEI tunes on the LML but we had them on an 06 and they were pretty smoky and customer service sucked then.
What tunes did yours come with, like what are the power levels Anarchy uses 1-5?

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
What tunes did yours come with, like what are the power levels Anarchy uses 1-5?
Not sure off the top of my head, my son had them put on when he had the delete done I will ask him tonight when he gets home from work he will know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bump....I just ordered Anarchy tunes for my LML the online sales for the mercenary level 1 said 40-80-110-160/80. when the damn thing showed up the instructions inside said 50-100-150-180 which seems a little hot across the spectrum. I chose Anarchy because of curve of options. I dont know my LML will even hold 100 with out a lift pump.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've not had issues with not having a lift pump with my 120HP tune. I haven't tried the 150HP tune at WOT.

·
Registered
916 Posts
PPEI recommends a lift pump for their maxx effort tune on their website, which i think is 200 IIRC. Personally i would have one before i did anything to the truck in efforts for filtration and putting less stress on the CP4 or CP3 depending on if your did the conversion or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well....gotta email cody and try to get a partial refund i guess. I put the exahust on and hooked up the auto cal to find out that it was loaded with the wrong tunes from what i ordered. Other than that the truck ran great. Not a fan of the hissing, my LMM tune would come and go as needed. I liked that.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm sure it's an option to choose Hiss or Rumble exhaust tone. I know my original tunes were set to hiss but they fixed that up quickly with a call and email.

It does hiss when cold for a bit, but once the elevated idle turns off, rumble exhaust sound returns.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Starting to wish i went PPEI.

After 2 emails and phone call, someone sent over the new files. I don't understand how the sent the wrong ones in the first place. I'm sure they deal with a ton of people everyday that need something. The customer service is there, its just bland. In my phone call and email i asked about removing the hiss at idle and it just fell on deaf ears. I responded to the email with the tunes asking if they had the rumble setting on them. (I already loaded them- they don't). Truck drives pretty good. Still don't know what the difference is between the lite economy tuner and the mercenary one tuner. I don't know what to do about this hissing at idle, its driving me up the wall. I spend more time idling than i do driving.

·
Registered
916 Posts
FTE Resonator if you want the hiss gone, but it'll muffle the noise a little or a lot depending on what size you go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've never heard of anyone I've chatted with running Anarchy so can't offer any feedback.

I know with my tuning, it took a couple tune revisions to get rumble exhaust working.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Okay fwiw, when my lml was stock fuel my cp4 would hold a 230 tune which iirc was around 2200us with no lift pump. I dont reccomend that but it worked. The fte resonator cody suggested will definitely get rid of your issue but keep emailing them about wanting a rumble tune. Its a simple change in the tuning that im sure they have it in there generic tune files already. Tbh you probably wouldn't have had much more luck with ppei especially since they arent doing much tuning on deleted trucks anymore. Ive had some other issues with anarchy on trucks ive worked on and ppei, and tbh most of the big name tuners everyone here reccomends.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Okay fwiw, when my lml was stock fuel my cp4 would hold a 230 tune which iirc was around 2200us with no lift pump. I dont reccomend that but it worked. The fte resonator cody suggested will definitely get rid of your issue but keep emailing them about wanting a rumble tune. Its a simple change in the tuning that im sure they have it in there generic tune files already. Tbh you probably wouldn't have had much more luck with ppei especially since they arent doing much tuning on deleted trucks anymore. Ive had some other issues with anarchy on trucks ive worked on and ppei, and tbh most of the big name tuners everyone here reccomends.
Can you elaborate on the issues you have had with anarchy tuned trucks? I feel like the truck runs and drives great, not even a stitch of smoke under any conditions. Ii keep it on the 40 or 80hp setting, the only reason i even tuned the truck was to add the exhaust, don't really use the power. I only tuned the truck for exhaust and now it doesn't sound how i expected it to. Randy with Max'd out Diesel tuned my LMM and it sounded amazing at idle. Deep, clean, the veins would exercise every so often at random. Hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
The 3 im thinking of in particular were as follows. One was cp3 swapped kept having rail surging issues they blamed hard parts. Switched tuners issue went away. It was a 12mm cp3.
2nd one was a s475 over stock kit sportsman pump with 45 overs. Always had low boost, no boost leaks present, smoked like a train. Sent injectors off cause they were used when installed. Tested fine. Switched tuners issues went away.
The 3rd was a shit show from the beginning. Wrong vin, no tunes on autocal they sent, transmission tune was terrible at best once we finally got it to load. After like 15 revisions we got sonething that he was happy with. Ive tuned a few others with their tunes and they were fine. Hit or miss i suppose. If youre happy thats all that matters. Keep emailing to get them to change the vane positioning at idle. Its not a big change at all. Why didnt you use Randy this go around? I dont know him on a personal level but have spoke to him and been around a few of his trucks. Seems like he has a decent following. I see alot of those giant maxd out stickers around. Usually front royal sitting in a parking lot clapped out or behind me ;)

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Mine does this too. I'll hear the hiss for a second, and then back to rumble idle sound.
Thats the vanes sweeping. It will do it every so often on a rumble or hiss tune youll occasionally hear the rumble sound. If you listen closely you can hear it on stock trucks.

Reactions: SheeB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why didnt you use Randy this go around? I dont know him on a personal level but have spoke to him and been around a few of his trucks. Seems like he has a decent following. I see a lot of those giant maxd out stickers around. Usually front royal sitting in a parking lot clapped out or behind me ;)
Great guy, he is 2 hours from me, i would have had to wait around on the install and just didn't have the time to take off work. In addition i would have had to have him do the exhaust install since i couldn't do it at home then drive it up there without presumably going into limp mode. I really enjoyed the tuning he did to the LMM.

Im going to stay on them and hopefully get the exhaust note I'm looking for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They gave me a call and are going to try to work the files up to rumble for me. Took the time to have a conversation about it and didn't seem rushed. He did say that it wouldn't exercise the veins which worries me. I should have the tune by the end of the day. I will update my findings

1 - 20 of 25 Posts