Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well should have everything I need to start on the truck on friday, for a damn near full teardown and reassembly.

The list is longggggg...fml

1. II 50% new injectors
2. Banks Intercooler with tubes.
3. MA motor mounts.
4. All new up-pipe and manifold gaskets
5. SD Straight centerlink
6. All new Upper control arms with new balljoints
7. Removing drop spindles
8. adding drop Lower Control Arms
9. RDL y bridge
10. New rear SS Brake lines (3 pieces....have had for a yr lol)
11. New rancho 9000xl rear shocks
12. Autometer Fuel Rail Gauge

Feel like I'm fogetting something.

I'll have some parts for sale once I get everything done.

Cognito Braces, Drop Spindles, and drive pressure setup.

Gonna be under the hood alot of the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
good luck with that john, sure do have your work cut out lol.

let me know when you have the drop spindles off, ill let you know if i still may want them bud.

and like rob said you should be fine with the same tuning u have now on the new sticks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I foresee some wicked 4wd launches after its all together to get the tuning dialed in...

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the valve covers, all pieces of the cooling system, banks intercooler tubes (if they fit in the oven) and few brackets will be powder coated at the same too.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Good luck! A lot of cussing and busted knuckles are going to echo from Illinois but all will be for a good cause lol

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
All the valve covers, all pieces of the cooling system, banks intercooler tubes (if they fit in the oven) and few brackets will be powder coated at the same too.
btw can you change your avatar? I keep smashing my face into the computer screen because all I want to do is stick my face between those things

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw can you change your avatar? I keep smashing my face into the computer screen because all I want to do is stick my face between those things
I'll look and see what I can find...

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i foresee some wicked videos of wicked 4wd launches :drink
Yeah there will be some go pro action of the front wheels...want to make sure the suspension can handle it.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
When did you get the bridge ? Thought you were only getting the cooler only with no tubes.

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
i wanna see how she turns out :thumb

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
If you want some help give me a shout! I'll be working Saturday, but may be able to lend a hand Sunday.
^X2 here. what's the story with the old injectors...weren't they 45% overs?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4 injectors out, to find some weird stuff going on with the hold downs...not sure what is going on with em.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Y bridge in....may have an issue with intake fitment on turbo, Won't know til its almost all the way back together.

Broke the return line that connects to the back of the drivers side head and connects to main return line to the tank...

If anyone has one...please let me know.

4 injectors are in.

First thing tomorrow, or tonight if I find the motivation. Valve covers get degreased and powdercoated.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jmazz, I just noticed your in central IL. I'm just west of Champaign. Good luck on all of your repairs.
Yeah I live just south of Springfield. I make my way over to danville IL once a month.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Starting to come together.

Just eyeballing the Y bridge....its gonna be damn close, may need to get a different connector for the boost line.

Here are some pics for now. Have a bunch more on the camera.

Upper valve cover is baking now. Should be eye popping when its out and on.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 187 Posts