Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
For those of you with the Anderson that have used other hitches. Is it adjustable? I have a B&W Companion and have thought about the Anderson as I have both a 5th wheel and goose neck trailer. It is a pain to go back and forth just due to weight of the hitch. However, when I got the Companion I had to adjust it many times to find a spot where I didn't get a bunch of chucking. I believe this was entirely due to the position of the hitch. So, is there any adjustments to the Anderson? Has anyone used both or similar where you have experienced chucking? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pulled the Grand Design Solitude home two days ago with the Anderson Hitch. Pulled fine. After a few measurements decided to install the pin box with the coupler facing toward the truck to allow maximum distance from the trailer cap to the truck cab.

Attached are a few photos of my setup. I have plenty of space between the trailer and the cab but my turning radius is limited by the pin box rotating into the side of the truck. Unsure what the turning radius degree is but is less than expected. Backed the trailer into our spot at the lake which requires a tight turn and it worked out fine.
For those of you with the Anderson that have used other hitches. Is it adjustable? I have a B&W Companion and have thought about the Anderson as I have both a 5th wheel and goose neck trailer. It is a pain to go back and forth just due to weight of the hitch. However, when I got the Companion I had to adjust it many times to find a spot where I didn't get a bunch of chucking. I believe this was entirely due to the position of the hitch. So, is there any adjustments to the Anderson? Has anyone used both or similar where you have experienced chucking? Thanks
Andersen has three adjustment heights on the coupler ball. Very easy to adjust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you. The companion has lots of adjustments, first tried it as far back as possible, then as far forward. Then needed to find a sweet spot in the middle. Not easy to adjust, but most important was the trailer level, then trying to find a place where the chucking was the least. I think if I had a long bed the issue would not be there, but with the short bed, the heavier tongue weight is the issue. I actually found that with my fresh water full, it pulls the best. Its a combination of hitch height and weight over the rear tires of the truck. I didn't see those kinds of adjustments on the Anderson. I would like to try one before buying. Need to find someone in my area with one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best hitch for my purpose goose and 5th wheel. Had issue with unit moving. I now torque the ball bolt to 70 lbs. The other bolts are torqued to 40 lbs. Lots of miles smoothest hitch out there. Easy nuff wife can took up the truck. No regrets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts