Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Who did you order the pipe from? Ask them if it should be like that.....I don't remember what mine looked like.

·
Vendor
609 Posts
Already taken care of! It just seems the flange wasn't centered on the pipe when welded. No big deal and it wouldn't hinder performance either, but we're swapping it out for him anyway because it should be centered.

I'm checking the other 24 we have in stock right now :farmkid

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
The 2 I've seen so far (mine included) were like that as well. Both work fine installed. Not perfect and a bit dissapointing for MBRP, but I don't think it really makes much difference. Better than stock in any case :drink

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already taken care of! It just seems the flange wasn't centered on the pipe when welded. No big deal and it wouldn't hinder performance either, but we're swapping it out for him anyway because it should be centered.

Great service as usual! Thanks again Kyle!!!

·
Vendor
609 Posts
ha no problem doug.... PS change your sig now lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2 I've seen so far (mine included) were like that as well. Both work fine installed. Not perfect and a bit dissapointing for MBRP, but I don't think it really makes much difference. Better than stock in any case :drink
No doubt better than stock!!! Didnt know if it would affect airflow or not, but just seemed wierd to me. A new one should be on the way so all is good!! May still get to put in on tomorrow night!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts

Hows the truck build coming along?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Thats not the first complaint about MBRP's downpipe. I've heard quite a few complaints about them. I try and recommend diamond eye's pipe over MBRP's. Never any quality issues with DE.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I would think that with that lip there...It would gather soot easier and start to clog up on that side...

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
na pipes dont really gather soot like that once you get a little coating thats about it.

kyle and XDP have always been awesome at customer service im sure theyre get you the new one asap buddy! :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts