Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 4 inch down pipe for my truck and was just wonderingt if i should put it on if i need to get warranty work done. i bought the pipe and went to put it on and it seemed kinda hard to take off the original down pipe any tips

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
The stock down pipe is really simple to take off. Just two clamps and some finanglin! With the warranty, It really depends on how your dealer is. If there cool then they wont care if they want to get picky then you might have to change it or take it to another shop.

When you do take off the stock pipe id see if you could use someones rack. Mine I had to flip upside down to get the cat out. A little tought but it can be done. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
on my trucks i had to take the transmission brace out but if you have access to a lift it doesn't take more then 20min.s..

·
Registered
699 Posts
the dealer my trucks go to said it was fine doing a 4" turbo back straight pipe, they like the lower egt's knowin what i do and tow with my truck, they say no programers and that if the cumputer can't read it when they get in the motor gm has been sending cd-rom's with info and pics on how to find tatty-tail signs internally. anyhow to be curouis i called 3 others and they were prompt to say no it will not have warranty.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dony know i am on the fence on this one i want teh sound and cooler egts but i also want my warranty

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
just a thought but how would it work to punch the center of the cats out for ,i did it on my 06 LBZ right at first and it did a great job but i don't know how that works for the warranty..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i justput on the new pipe so ihave a4 inch straight pipe and now it sounds sweet

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yet another reason to have a federal emissions LB7.....it never came with a cat. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only thing is at high rpm i tsounds like sometyhing is broken. my friend told me it is probably just the turbo but i dont know

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
could be something loose on the exhaust. IIRC there is a heatshield right above where the front pipe connects that will crack and rattle. Also, check by your transmission crossmember....I know some of the 4" systems sit too close to the crossmember and rattle there. I had to use a socket to hold mine away from the crossmember before tightening it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no it sounds like the turbo that is spinning really fast i will get video and send it in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts