Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Meric an I currently live in Kentucky. I'm military so I move frequently.

I purchased my first Dmax to tow my 5th wheel trailer a few months ago(It is also my daily driver). For the most part it has been great and my truck pulls the trailer real well. However, it was kind of slow going pulling the trailer up the mountains in West Virginia.

I have been searching this forum for ways to improve my trucks power and fuel mileage. So far I am planning on first getting a new mouthpiece/air intake followed by a new exhaust. I have been debating on a tuner but haven't decided which route would be best for me yet. Also, the previous owner put 285 tires on the stock rims but reading other posts I think that I will need to get a wider rim for those tires. Any suggestions for mods are appreciated and thanks for everyone that posts on this forum. I have learned a lot already.

·
Administrator
17,042 Posts
Welcome to DF.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A lot of good people here.

·
Administrator
17,042 Posts

·
Vendor
10,985 Posts
Welcome to DF. Air Force here in GA on this end. You can do a lot with an exhaust, turbo mouthpiece and a canned tuner like PPE, Edge or Quadzilla. For just a little more you can get into a custom tuning package called EFI Live.

If I can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to DF. If I can help in any way let know.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
397 Posts