Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 703 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my head gaskets took a dump on me a couple weeks ago while sitting in the driveway. :cookoo[1]: So the truck is now parked and I'm going to build up the motor. It's going to be a long process this winter, going to work on it when I can and just take my time and have it ready for spring. Want to shoot for 800-850 hp for now if I get the money for twins.
Here's what's done to the truck so far:
Danville 3794
100 over injectors
ARP head studs
Suncoast Trans and 1056 converter
AD lift pump
EGR delete

Don't exactly know what I'm all going to do to it so far, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

So far I've only ordered a Fleece 10mm CP3 and Mahle pistons. Going to order Carrilo rods after Xmas and still deciding on everything else.

I'll post when I work on the truck but don't have the most amount of time to work on it, but I'll keep everyone posted :thumb

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Should be a fun winter build.
How about tack welding the water pump and keying everything while it's apart. Might want to consider the ARP's for the mains too.

·
Registered
19,047 Posts
Sub for this

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be a fun winter build.
How about tack welding the water pump and keying everything while it's apart. Might want to consider the ARP's for the mains too.

Yup gonna get main studs for sure and also keying everything. Never heard of tack welding the water pump. Is there a right up on it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any tips on pulling the motor? Might get time to work on the truck tomorrow and Thursday. Motor is about ready to come out.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well today I bought a SoCal cam off a member here. It's a SoCal 3388 cam.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found from my builder that I'm going to work out a deal with him. He's got some extra blocks laying around, so I'm going to build one of those blocks. Just going to throw head gaskets in my truck right now. Once his block is built we are going to swap motors! :thumb

Right now I'm going to shoot for my birthday, which is April 6th, to have the built motor in my truck :neener As long as everything goes as planned, but most likely won't lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Subd!

·
Registered
839 Posts
oh ya! itll be a good time! keep us updated along the way and post pics

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
19,047 Posts
He'll yeah

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cp3 pump and Pistons should be here this coming week! Haven't had time to work on the truck yet tho

·
Registered
19,047 Posts
How big of pump did you get? What positions?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went with a Fleece 10mm pump, if more fuel is needed later I'll go dual fuelers. I'm guessing you meant pistons? lol And went with a set of Mahle pistons, I think bored to .20

·
Registered
19,047 Posts
Yeah I meant pistons, lol Damn auto spell.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hay looks good!! well my motor cracked a piston on july 19/14 an it still aint goin lol hopin by xmas....

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good luck getting it going! Still hoping for a nice birthday present for myself in April :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanx! ya would defently be 1 to be rememberd1!!

1 - 20 of 703 Posts