Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum and will have my first duramax tomorrow. Getting a 07 Chevy 2500 LBZ loaded and its yellow! It has a 4in exhaust on it and a edge juice with attitude. Im looking at putting a lift and wheels and tires on it. I was looking at the Tuff country 4in Ez ride and putting Black KMC rockstars with 33in tires. Ill get pics up tomorrow when i get home with it. Didnt know if i should worry about the tranny with the edge on it or if it will be fine. Also like to get some opinions on what lift to get and if anyone is running the tuff country 4in lift. Im a previous cummins owner so i dont know to much about the chevys.

Thanks Mitchell

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Sounds like a beautiful rig. Congrats! Not too much into the lift thing, but I'll bet another member will chime in. I'd just think about maybe doing the transgo jr kit for the transmission to deal with the lift/larger tires/tune and you'll be fine. Welcome to DF! The LBZ/6 speed Allison is an awesome combo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome, It does sound like a nice ride.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yeah youll like it i just bought one but i bought it with mechanical issues. One of these days i need to tear into it and see what is wrong but dont have time now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrats...Welcome to the Forum...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome to the DF!! Sounds like you will be having somew fun soon!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
TransGo Jr!!!!!

...Also, a lot of people report issues with the Edge J/A boxes.. although their Evo boxes seem to work fine. Just an FYI in case you have any issues.

Like to see pics of a yellow dmax!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome to the DF and congrats on the new ride !!

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Welcome to the DF and yes a trans go jr. is a good upgrade for the trannys sake. Also look at Cognito lifts they are pretty good.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I always liked yellow. Post up some pics soon. I dont think Ive ever seen a yellow d-max.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Welcome! Be sure and read all the stickies at the top of every forum, and don't be afraid to do some searchin', lots of new guys have learned tons without ever even making a new thread. :D

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
welcome to the forum and dont worry if u spend more time on here then with the family thats normal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts