Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, well heres my story. I have owned ford super dutys since 02, and i am due for a new (new to me) truck. i have never owned a diesel chevy but have recently caught the duramax bug. so for the past two weeks i have been doing some research on them and which i would like to get. so far here is what i know i want. a 2500hd crew cab short bed, loaded model. i want a 2005 with the lly. this seems to be the price range i will be able to afford. although today i went and drove a 2006 which i read has the LBZ and 6 speed auto. It had the lt3 package but they wanted 34000, out of my budget.... I do like the extra 50 lbs of torque but doubt i will be able to afford it. So as an easy beginner question is there anything on a 05 i should look out for? the models i like have the console that goes all the way to the dash with the rear air. oh and heres another random question, do they all have the fuel/trip computer. i couldnt figure out where or how to find it in the 06 i drove today. my 04 king ranch has it on the ceiling, but in the spot where my computer is it was just a hole and he said it was a sunglass holder. Sorry for the rambling just a beginner trying to get his feet wet. thanks for all the help and tips you can provide when buying and what to look for, scott.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome aboard..the duramax/allison is a great combo for pulling and traveling so good luck and keep u posted on your progress..the 05 LLY had some overheat trouble but that can be fixed with a better cooling system but other then that i never had any trouble with my LLY.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
You have to look at the Steering Wheel. If the steering wheel has controls on it...then you more than likely have a fuel/trip computer. But honestly...they are always WAY off when it comes to gas mileage. Every truck has a trip computer...that's standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i bought the 06 today. i love it. cant wait to get get use to it, i was sitting in it tonight trying to figure out all the new buttons. haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts