Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone, my name is steven, im from oklahoma. just bought my first diesel, its an 07 2500 hd classic body style. 3lt package. its silver birch and has the light colored tan leather inside. bought it brand new. so far i love it. im new to diesels, but not to cars, been drag racing for several years and own several very fast cars.

im just hear to read up and learn a bunch of stuff about this engine and tranny combo. oh and the allison tranny is badass.

im putting a 4 in magnaflow catback and getting it custom tuned in2 weeks from now. no plug and play junk for me.. anyways hope to stick around here for a long time nad learn a lot of good stuff!!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steven..nice ride you got their..they are really nice but a tad bit expensive but i think it's well worth the money or most of it..question,when you say custom tuning are you talking about EFI Live or something else?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
custom dyno tuning, where we put it on a loaded dyno and write the program for the truck, no tricking the computer into thinking its doing something that it is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and forgot, its not a catback its turbo back, why even take the time to do it if your not gonna do it right?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
sounds good,keep us updated on the progress you make and if you have any questions feel free to ask and some one will help..

one more ? what hp # are you shooting for,the reason i ask anything over 400rwhp the stock tranny will give out..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really i thought the allison was strong? thats gay, was looking for 450 hp and aorund 750-800 torque

·
Registered
121 Posts
really i thought the allison was strong? thats gay, was looking for 450 hp and aorund 750-800 torque
if thats the case, you'd better upgrade your tranny or you will fry it. try suncoast or ATS.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
any stock tranny that comes with one of big 3 diesels will hold 450hp for awhile but it will give out eventually..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.