Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIP to my truck. She died on 9-13-2011 at 8:25 am at exit 260 on I-75 in Florida. Cant complain one bit, she was a hell of a runner! Plans right now are LB7 slugs, Carillos, head studs, some head work, maybe a cam and a bigger turbo. Goals are a solid 800hp street truck. Probably wont start tearing into it until after Thanksgiving. I'll update this as the build progresses.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Bites the dust my ass, she's just catching her breath.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
Damn, I'd hate to pay that tow bill. how many miles was on it? Let me know what your bearings look like, I might be kickin mine down the road.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
That's a huge bummer Chris! What happened? Where you running it hard or just cruising? Think you cracked a piston or something else?

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
877 Posts
sucks to hear man but ive been in your same position! im sure youll be happier when you get it all done:gearjamin

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Shitty she had to go so far away from her stall but Congrats on the engagement

·
Registered
379 Posts
How'd it happen? I'm thinking of doing the same exact setup as you have/had on your LBZ with my LMM, but my wife (congrats to you and your future wife) will KILL me if that happened to my truck! May just do the EGR delete and leave it alone!:rolleyes: Start my saving for a C7 ZO6! Chris

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
How'd it happen? I'm thinking of doing the same exact setup as you have/had on your LBZ with my LMM, but my wife (congrats to you and your future wife) will KILL me if that happened to my truck! May just do the EGR delete and leave it alone!:rolleyes: Start my saving for a C7 ZO6! Chris
Tell her to be quiet, shit happens. It's not like you'd give her a tongue lashing if the washer took a dump:rolleyes:

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Sucks buddy....If you need anything, let me know man.

My alldata account has LBZ capabilites too, feel free to use it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tell her to be quiet, shit happens. It's not like you'd give her a tongue lashing if the washer took a dump:rolleyes:
A strong, opinionated, Italian lady that tells me to leave my truck alone, but as you can see I already ignored all that,:D doesn't like to be told to be quiet!
I have a history of modding vehicles only to have them blow gaskets, tranny, motors, rear ends, every vehicle I've owned until this one hasn't lasted! They were bought used and didn't cost $50K+! She has been with me for every single issue and every time she told me to leave it alone or something will happen! I think she's cursing my vehicles now that I think about it!:rofl
Chris

But to be honest, I'm completely happy with the LMM as it is now, and I'm looking forward to getting that ZO6!:gearjamin

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
lol, thats right mines been bitchin about the tranny shittin out, and all the new parts thats been layin in the garage for months, thats like us tellin women no more clothes and make-up, you know them outfits they OMG just gotta have it and wear it once, yep gotta love it.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
chris i'll take that tranny off your hands, you're gonna need a new stouter one for the new motor.

·
Registered
379 Posts
lol, thats right mines been bitchin about the tranny shittin out, and all the new parts thats been layin in the garage for months, thats like us tellin women no more clothes and make-up, you know them outfits they OMG just gotta have it and wear it once, yep gotta love it.
Not to completely hijack, but do (some) women take classes on how to just piss guys off sometimes!:D Sorry back on topic, so were you getting on it hard, or just cruising when it went Chris? I'll take your 4094 if you decide to go a different way with the turbo setup on your built motor! :thumb

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
A strong, opinionated, Italian lady that tells me to leave my truck alone, but as you can see I already ignored all that,:D doesn't like to be told to be quiet!
I have a history of modding vehicles only to have them blow gaskets, tranny, motors, rear ends, every vehicle I've owned until this one hasn't lasted! They were bought used and didn't cost $50K+! She has been with me for every single issue and every time she told me to leave it alone or something will happen! I think she's cursing my vehicles now that I think about it!:rofl
Chris

But to be honest, I'm completely happy with the LMM as it is now, and I'm looking forward to getting that ZO6!:gearjamin
Yea I had to tell mine to shut the F**K a few times. She makes it seem like I force her to wear rags and blow everything on wut I want. Jeez I swear, take the spot light off them for two secs and they lose their f**king minds.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
No doubt, i hear, all you care about is that damn truck wish you put as much effort in us or something actually usefull. I do, I put some effort in getting her naked and work hard at work

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Quit whining! Wussy!:neener

I also want to know how it was being driven at the time of issue.
Whenever I'd blow valves off on motocross bikes it was never when Riding hard, it was always when I let off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts