Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have looked all over the place and there are many threads on the subject about code P0102 but not really any of them have the answers I'm looking for, most of which are related to the code causing the truck to go into limp mode more of a serious problem. However the issue I'm having is I have a P0102 code hanging around in the background that will not go away and at this point I believe to be the problem with my remote start not working, also before you say it clearing the code has failed to get rid of it. Now I have done the common steps, I had an AFE dry filter in for about a year and didn't think anything of it until I had the remote start programed, now I have put the factory filter back in and cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner with no success as of yet. I have seen in some threads that tuning could cause problems but nothing really positive on that subject. Also it could be a dead MAF but I'm not thinking so because I'm showing flow when I pull up diag tests I could be wrong but don't really want to drop $250 on a new one to test when the old could be fine. Do I just need to drive it and see if it goes away or how many cycles could it take for it to possibly go away. I have also tried to disable the code in the tune and that doesn't work either. Some will say should have just gone with an aftermarket, well I would have if I would have known and now I'm down $350 for this one and I might be able to recover $50-$100 if I were to sell the remotes. I'm looking for more proof to a positive you're screwed before I give into an aftermarket. Here's what is weird about the whole thing if I do the normal lock/start sequence it will key on for 2 seconds and shut off no start, this is from the outside, and the weird part sometimes not always if I sit in the drivers seat and do the start sequence with the remote it will start. I'm lost, any thoughts or ideas could help so shoot.

Oh and some may have seen my other thread where I thought it was interference, I have eliminated that from the equation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You're remote start will start and shut off if there are any CEL. My 102 code kept popping up about once a week, would keep driving slow around town and kept trying to clear code. Eventually it comes out it. Cleaned the MAF several times to no avail. Swapped MAF sensors on friends truck and it hasn't come up since. BUT I believe your tuner can adjust the sensor flow?? Can't remember what the numbers we need are but I just saw the thread last week...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did adjust the low fail flow down, it was 2.7 lb min and I set it to .5 to see what it would do, no change. I know there are plenty of adjustments that can be made I just don't like messing with stuff like that, I'll let somebody that knows what they are doing screw it up. I you happen to find that thread you are talking about I would be interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I borrowed a different scan tool from a friend of mine, it did not pull up any codes however it was able to look at the data stream from the MAF. So this is what data I gathered, idle cold 47-49 g/s and 3800-3900 Hz, idle at operating temperature 36 g/s 3400-3500 Hz, highway speeds 1500-2000 RPM 140-175 g/s 6000-7000 Hz and then key on engine off 0 g/s 52999 Hz.
From this data it would seem to me that the MAF is functioning properly, but I could be wrong and somebody that know what it should be running at can elaborate on this.

g/s=grams per second

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved. I took it back into the dealer today and after about an hour and a half they told me it was fixed. So apparently there are 2 parts to the programming of the remote start and they missed the second part. So far so good, remote start works and it works outside of the truck. I guess the MAF is non related.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do you have any other info on the fix?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts