Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got in the truck this morning and backed out of my drive way. I ended up having to go back to the house for something, but when I put it in reverse it just acted like it was in neutral. It finally went in reverse once I moved the selector out and back into reverse. CEL came on and code pulled was P0700.

I only run my EDGE in level 1 for economy and just recently changed my transmission fluid and filter. I have since removed the EDGE and cleared the code and after a few cycles of the key the CEL went out. So far the truck is driving fine and not doing anything.

Anybody got any insight into what is going on? I want to take it in to get looked at, but worried they will hook up the TechII and see that I used to have the EDGE on it.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
there should be another 7xx code associated with the 700...700 is universal trans limp code and it cant be thrown without another trans code following it

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0700 is all the EDGE found. I'm being told that a TechII needs to be used to pull the other codes, if their are any.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can go to local parts place like an Oriellys and use there reader and it will tell you code. The P0700 code is what engine kicks out when trans has code. No need for Tech 2 (Yet) your edge just wont read it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am a retard!! That was the big news flash yesterday! :rof

Their where more codes, I don't remember exactly what they where since I did it with onstar. They had to do with the selenoids and low pressure.

Well it comes to find out that I was low on fluid. I don't know what I was thinking when I replaced my fluids last week and either does my friend that watched me do it and even asked how much needs to go into the transmission, 7.4 qts. Luckily I did not do much driving and shouldn't have caused any real damage. Should have the additional fluid today and will take it in to the dealership to have them take a look just in case and since it is under warranty. Of course I won't tell them that is was low on fluid.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i got the p0700 code also today,
for last few days tranny been shifting little ruff, getting service 4x4 system message, service trailer brake system message...and while lite braking for about 4 seconds, one of the above messages would appear , gauges would all zero out and door locks would cycle lock mode....

ghosts in the system no doubt....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts