Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys can you help talk me into removing my cat and Installing a MBRP cat delete pipe for my truck !! I want to hear all the benefits EGTs MPGs all the good info . I would just buy a complete system but here In Cali I have to smog my truck every 2 years so I have to be able to put the cat back in for smog inspections . I will also be having the muffler removed and a straight pipe put in its place . Im hoping with out the pipe being as big as the 5'' straight system I got rid of it wont be too obnoxious when I creep out of the hood at 4 am . lol

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Sad! You have a cali emissions truck? Egr an cat LAME!

I cant really say anything since I didnt have a cat...but its reallyyyyy easy to swap in the delete pipe. Unbolt vband clamp and remove 4 bolts on other end. Id do it. Would sound better. Hopefully someone with a cali emissions truck can chime in but i dont think theres many of them.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad! You have a cali emissions truck? Egr an cat LAME!

I cant really say anything since I didnt have a cat...but its reallyyyyy easy to swap in the delete pipe. Unbolt vband clamp and remove 4 bolts on other end. Id do it. Would sound better. Hopefully someone with a cali emissions truck can chime in but i dont think theres many of them.
well.....it is a cali truck in cali but EFIlive's got me fixed up pretty good . :thumb
I'm hoping a straight pipe exhaust might give it a little more poop and lower the EGT's a when I'm lead footin it with a trailer . I want to just delete the muffler so the tail pipe looks stock and then if all I have to do is toss the cat back in to smog it I can live with that . Do you think I'm on the right track ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts