Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '08 2500HD. I am wanting to run 33's on 20" KMC Monsters. What do I need to do as far as lift or leveling kit to clear these and have no rubbing issues? Also, will the wheels stick out with this setup. I want everything to be flush with the sides. Thanks in advance for the help. :drink

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
you can turn the T/Bars up and get by with the 33's but you will need to do a little trimming on the plastic on the front bumper but with a leveling kit they will clear but make sure when you order the wheels(if they are a 20X9.5)ask them to keep it as close to a 0" offset as possible to keep the tires from stickin out the side.hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can turn the T/Bars up and get by with the 33's but you will need to do a little trimming on the plastic on the front bumper but with a leveling kit they will clear but make sure when you order the wheels(if they are a 20X9.5)ask them to keep it as close to a 0" offset as possible to keep the tires from stickin out the side.hope this helps
Thanks. So you are saying that if I get a leveling kit I should not have any rubbing issues with these? I don't really want to mess with the torsion bars or trimming anything. I am not good with this kind of stuff and do not trust someone I don't know at a shop.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
heres my 06 with 305-55R20(33-12.50R20)on 20X10 wheels

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have run 305/40/22 which comes out to 31.62 inches tall and with 0 offset they rub alittle with the leveling kit. Late model 07.5 and the new 08's are alot diffrent bumper wise than the early 07's. I have one of each with bigger tires and a little trimming is easy. A leveling kit is a must running these bigger rim's and tires. One down fall is withg my 4 door it has a little west coast rake to it(meaning the rear sits lower than the front) but a set of air bags is going to my fix to that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have run 305/40/22 which comes out to 31.62 inches tall and with 0 offset they rub alittle with the leveling kit. Late model 07.5 and the new 08's are alot diffrent bumper wise than the early 07's. I have one of each with bigger tires and a little trimming is easy. A leveling kit is a must running these bigger rim's and tires. One down fall is withg my 4 door it has a little west coast rake to it(meaning the rear sits lower than the front) but a set of air bags is going to my fix to that.
Well, crap. I really just want to fill up that stupid wheel well in the back. That is my only knock on this truck. The rear wheels look like they are half the size they should be. Do you know what the smallest lift I can get is and what is the a good quality company to get lifts from. Does CST do lifts for the Silverado? Sorry I am new to Chevy's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, crap. I really just want to fill up that stupid wheel well in the back. That is my only knock on this truck. The rear wheels look like they are half the size they should be. Do you know what the smallest lift I can get is and what is the a good quality company to get lifts from. Does CST do lifts for the Silverado? Sorry I am new to Chevy's.
The rear wheel well does cut up pretty high on the new trucks but the thirty two's sure do make the truck look tuff. As far as a lift pro comp is always a great company or another is fabtech, we have one 07 on thirty sixes with a fabtech 6" and its tuff looking.:gearjamin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts