Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys, I just bought my 05 Dually last fall, and I need to find a good quality mechanic/shop. I keep asking around and all I get is "Nope can't think of anywhere". All the normal shops will change my oil for me, but when I start asking questions like does the toe-in look right. They just shrug their shoulders and walk away.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
I stayed in Savage Mn a couple of years ago for about 10 months. I don't have answer for you but, while i was up there I owned a ford that was under warranty and it spent a lot of time the dealer. i never found or heard of a good place to take diesels, sorry! I did buy my Chevy up there at Grossman Chevy.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Setexan, that's funny, I bought my truck off of e-bay and had to fly down to San Antonio to pick it up. Just a little information, I heard this fall that Grossman Chevy had their license taken away from them by Chevy. I am sure you had your warranty transfer down there. But I thought you might like to know that.
Jonsey thanks for the info, but the wife said that I can't spend two days going to get the oil changed. lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
I work in one down in owatonna. we dont seem many duramaxs tho. besides mine that is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06blackdmax, I am getting ready to tow my son who is an active duty Marine to Twenty Nine Palms Ca. We are going to pull his 95 Chevy Short-box Sportside, some personal gear, and two Harleys in my box.
I need some good advice, I think my tires are toed in wrong up front, and would like to change out the fluids. And being an old farm-boy/Marine myself I have trust issues. Oh and I am laid off from Yellow Freight, so not huge cash laying around.
Also, I spotted a repair shop on the Elko exit (between me and Faribault) but can't find anyone who has used them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
im not sure about the repair shop at the elko exit. what makes you think your front end is toed in to much? are your ties wearing funny?

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Setexan, that's funny, I bought my truck off of e-bay and had to fly down to San Antonio to pick it up. Just a little information, I heard this fall that Grossman Chevy had their license taken away from them by Chevy. I am sure you had your warranty transfer down there. But I thought you might like to know that.
Jonsey thanks for the info, but the wife said that I can't spend two days going to get the oil changed. lol
I'm sorry to hear that! They did alright by me gave an awesome deal on my truck and a pretty good trade in value on my Ford. I guess it is just a sign of the times...the dealer I normally deal with went tits up as well. They were one town over and were the number 1 chevy truck retailer in the country numerous times.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was just going to make one of these threads too. . .I'm purchasing a stg4 leveling kit:

..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Online Store ::..

This isn't really diesel specific, but aside from the stealership, where would you guys suggest taking it to get installed/aligned?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06BLACKDMAX, two small things, when I have compared how my front tires sit next to other one tons I have seen around town mine angle in at the top compared to the others. When I bought the truck some idiot had put 235s on the front and left the 215s on the rear. And I think we all know what that does to the four-wheel. So being laid off, I had to switch the fronts to 215s. And that was when I noticed the change in angle.
The other thing is going down certain sections of the freeway what I call wave bounce seems to be a little to much for what it should be. I know my semis do it to when I'm bob-tailing. But it seems like my one ton is worse. Too soon to see tire wear, and as I said all done by eye-balling no measurements taken.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, if you are up for the drive, I do diesel work out of my house, including lift kits, performance parts, and repairs.

I live in Sauk Centre, about 30 miles NW of St Cloud

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I know of a couple guys right by you that could give you a honest opinion. One being in Applevalley and another in Eagan. As far as maintenance ther is a shop in Blaine I believe is called Midwest Diesel I heard they know what they are doing. For basic stuff see my step brother in Apple valley.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
nick galen at tintmasters motor sports in savage/burnsville area was the grossman chev accessory guy and he's build a lot of duramax's some BIG mystic lake ones to average joe he knows them pretty well and had a lot of connections tintmasters-(952)890-9058 best tinting in area also do good sound alarm ect work

·
Registered
156 Posts
Id be willing to help with stuff Buzz. Do alot of stuff on the side. Also look into Jags Pro Truck Shop up in Zimmerman. Josh is a great guy and will help you with whatever you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nick galen at tintmasters motor sports in savage/burnsville area was the grossman chev accessory guy and he's build a lot of duramax's some BIG mystic lake ones to average joe he knows them pretty well and had a lot of connections tintmasters-(952)890-9058 best tinting in area also do good sound alarm ect work
i've seen his work and it is hack job all the way. i've also had to fix and will have to redo some of his work .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thought I'd give this a bump. I'm new to Chevy and live in the south metro. I'm looking for a dealer I can take my 16 lml to for maint and warranty work. Picked it up at Belzer in Lakeville but they seem to handle every make - Chevy, Kia, dodge - and bragged how they are the highest volume dealer in the state. Worried they wouldn't have as much expertise in the Duramax space. Hoping for a shop you "trust" or at least had fair dealings with. Probably overthinking but I read so much about DEF, CP4, etc related issues I'd like to start going to an experienced shop from day 1 so when/if issues come up I'll have at least some history with them. Thanks in advance ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts