Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
911.....Any help greatly appreciated!!

Got new 4"exhaust today. Got a little childish and jumped on the interstate. kicked the edge up to four (first time ever) ran her pretty hard for 10 or 15 miles, never hittting speed limiter. Mostly just in and out of the accelertor hard. Power shut down, making a weird noise and sputtering awful. Pulled the codes after I got her home, p-207 open cylinder number 7, p-2146 fuel injector grp A open supply circuit???
Question is do i start ripping the mods off now (before I carry it to the dealership)or is there an easy fix? should I put the stock exhaust back on? I know I have to put the kitty back, the cold air and edge is no problem????

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would unplug your edge and see if you have any bent pins.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got new 4"exhaust today. Got a little childish and jumped on the interstate. kicked the edge up to four (first time ever) ran her pretty hard for 10 or 15 miles, never hittting speed limiter. Mostly just in and out of the accelertor hard. Power shut down, making a weird noise and sputtering awful. Pulled the codes after I got her home, p-207 open cylinder number 7, p-2146 fuel injector grp A open supply circuit???
Question is do i start ripping the mods off now (before I carry it to the dealership)or is there an easy fix? should I put the stock exhaust back on? I know I have to put the kitty back, the cold air and edge is no problem????
Took my 05 to the dealer today, I took the Edge off before bringing it in. Better safe than sorry!

It is really easy to take off, with the hardest thing being the removal of the pyrometer probe and plugging the hole. The whole removal only takes about 15 min.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys???

short in wiring harness to my injectors on the #2 and #7 sides..... Could the Edge have caused this?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
No, there is a TSB out for that wire harness chaffing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot!!!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
No, there is a TSB out for that wire harness chaffing.

Right on, every one should check theirs to avoid this problem, i just checked mine tonight while doing some other work, and it had severe signs of wear, not worn through but close!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could someone post some pics of the wear that we should be looking for? Also, where can I see something about the TSB?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Take a look here: Injector Harness Repair You may need to register with the site to see it, but there are pictures of the injector harness. I haven't been able to locate the TSB, but alldatadiy might not show it for me since it does not apply to my truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts