Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone knew when there would be an update from h&s to get rid of the hissing noise at idle and such. I know it can be done.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i stumbled on a thread 2 years old about this and they said they were working on it... still nothing. so i wouldnt hold your breath... =(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, what I cant understand is why they didn't change the vein position to begin with for the tuning so it wouldnt hiss. There shouldn't be a problem as far as loss of power or anything like that by changing the vein position to make it rumble. Granted tuning for the lml's is still fairly new so hopefully they have most things figured out so that lml owners can benefit from more advantages in better tuning.

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
It's probably another 1000 lines of code just to change the vane position. I hope they are working on something more important, like shift on the fly programming.:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I pm'd back and forth with H&S and they stated vane positioning is something they will likely address in future updates but shift on fly will not be coming for LML's.

·
GMC..Professional Grade
3,962 Posts
Man, that's wierd. One of their guys said they were still working on the mcc custom tuning which i would assume goes hand in hand w/shift on the fly......maybe I was mistaken.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well if there gonna rob us of that then I hope the vain position update is soon lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Correction: I should say they said it will" likely not happen"

From H&S: "We are working on an update to modify vane position at idle. Shift on the fly will likely NOT happen on the LML. We are still toying with it, but the EDC17 processor on the LML is set up in a way that just does not work well with a shift on the fly software hack."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what i heard from someone after I submitted a new thread for the hissing noise on the h&s forum:

"There is vanes in the exhaust housing that move to maximize efficiency of the turbo with amount of exhaust gas that passing through it. Example at cruising speed on the highway the vanes would be closed most of the way(make it the smallest) to lower boost and EGTs as well give you good MPG, but when your engine starts to come under load the vanes open up and give you boost without a in-cress in RPMs. This gives you a quick spooling turbo, but it has a hiss. "

The h&s tech agreed with this. Still no one has said anything back to me on changing this matter or if they even can. Can it be done! I would love for it to be.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is what i heard from someone after I submitted a new thread for the hissing noise on the h&s forum:

"There is vanes in the exhaust housing that move to maximize efficiency of the turbo with amount of exhaust gas that passing through it. Example at cruising speed on the highway the vanes would be closed most of the way(make it the smallest) to lower boost and EGTs as well give you good MPG, but when your engine starts to come under load the vanes open up and give you boost without a in-cress in RPMs. This gives you a quick spooling turbo, but it has a hiss. "

The h&s tech agreed with this. Still no one has said anything back to me on changing this matter or if they even can. Can it be done! I would love for it to be.
i couldnt agree with you more and i spoke with H&S a week ago or so and they said they were working on it but didnt know when or if i could be done

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I wonder with the DPF delete tuner shut down if they will legally even be able to modify the old tunes??

Good thing i dont mind the hiss on my lbz.. you guys would HATE the 4094 turbo if you think the stockers hiss a lot.. lol

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i think there only tuning the hiss out of idle.. not all across the board.. you dont hear it when your driving

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for me personally, I know h&s has a lot of stuff going on and also know its hard to crack the computer on the lml's but still think that they put the lml's to the back of the line. In my opinion they should have a little more out for the lml's as far as options and tuning goes.

It doesnt matter if you call and ask for updates on things cause no one is ever gonna know whats going to happen with things. The EPA things shouldnt affect the ability to tune cause for those with race tuners and those who race em on the track will still have to have tuning and such.

·
Registered
87 Posts
2013 GMC With H&S Tuner

Hey guys I'm new to this site and have a couple of questions on my 2013 gmc. I just had a H&S tuner with Full Delete kit put on my truck today and I love it. They put on 4 Inch exhaust from turbo back Love it. Is there anything I have to know about this tuner? Anything to worry about there is only 200 miles on the truck?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should be fine! Only thing you need next is air intake and a lift pump so that you wont run out of fuel on the race tune.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it safe to run on the wild tune without that stuff? I dont pull anything it is just for driving around. It was very hard to find this h&s tune for a 2013.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sure is! Your better off running the wild tune until you get a lift pump installed. When I first installed mine thats what I did and sometimes ran the hot tune. You should be fine!

1 - 20 of 401 Posts