Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 30 over injector nozzles today from a pretty well know southeast Wisconsin diesel shop and they want $500 to install them but Im a pretty handy guy and Im wendering if I would be able to do the task myself. $500 is alot of money if you can save from having to spend it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Make a long story short I was taking it in to have it done and was quoted $500 and then they called me before they did it and it ended up being $1200 and I told them to get licked.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Its not that bad. Tearing stuff off to get to the injectors is the hardest part. Once you have them out make sure your workplace is clean and you have a vice. Put the body in the vice and use a wrench to take the nozzle off. Be very careful to not lose the shim that comes out. Put the new one on the same way the old one came off.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Its not that bad. Tearing stuff off to get to the injectors is the hardest part. Once you have them out make sure your workplace is clean and you have a vice. Put the body in the vice and use a wrench to take the nozzle off. Be very careful to not lose the shim that comes out. Put the new one on the same way the old one came off.
Its that easy? wow I was scared about that the entire time awesome thank you:drink is the a special way the shim goes in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts