Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
efi live.. which i have absolutely no experience with.. from what i hear is the best tune out there...

i prefer my ppe hot+2..

edge.. mine+many others horror stories on the lb7..

superchips and hypertech... ugh.... hmm... imo id never waste the money....

quadzilla.. ive never run it.. but its supposed to be one of the best for the money

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have the PPE Hot. I got it last year around xmas.

·
Firefighter/EMT-B
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
looking for fuel mileage and some power gain, sounds like for the money quadzilla is the ticket.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quad is a good tuner. Superchips gave me the best mpg's but i wanted more hp. both are @ $200-250 on ebay. If you want more hp and better mpg, go superchip. If you are looking to win some races and alot of smoke and mabe 1mpg better...go Quad. Or you could Spend alot more and get EFI and be done. I personally didnt think too much of my PPE tuner. Their 225hp tune was about the same as quads 100hp tune. Quad has great customer service. Superchip...not so much.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Check out the Quad Adrenaline. @$365 new on E-bay.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Bashing much? I run a Hypertech for the moment because I have a stock truck. I have 100 or so extra ponies and ~1MPG better. Also corrected speedo. Truck runs like stock, drivable, fun, no smoke unless I hammer it from a stop. I didn't see the point in spending a couple hundred extra for a tuner like a PPE or Quad and setting it on a stock truck level (which is what 60% of people on DF do)

·
Administrator
8,808 Posts
Wholly old thread batman! Thought we had a spammer here.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts