Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 18x10 wheels with a negative offset of 12 . Before I buy tires and get them installed , anyone have pics of their duramax rocking the negative offset ? Any chance I’d be able to fit 295/70/18 without a lift ?

·
Registered
597 Posts
That's a pretty good size tire, around 34", you would have to do a good bit of cranking and trimming to fit it without a lift.
285/70r17 (about 32.5") was the biggest I was able to fit prior to lifting without any serious cranking or trimming. That is also with wheels that have an offset of -12.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anything w negative offset will not fit on our trucks without modification. We have NO clearance with the way GM designed our bumpers

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have to disagree with this statement. Negative offset with no trimming can be done
Maybe with very minimal negative offset, but overall it is hard to get clearance on these trucks if the wheels stick out past the fenders.

I have 22x12 -51 offset on 33's and I would need AT LEAST a 5 inch lift to turn lock to lock with no trimming.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Maybe with very minimal negative offset, but overall it is hard to get clearance on these trucks if the wheels stick out past the fenders.

I have 22x12 -51 offset on 33's and I would need AT LEAST a 5 inch lift to turn lock to lock with no trimming.
-51 is a massive amount of offset. -12 sticks out past the fenders and on an 06 you can run that with 265/70r17s with no trimming, when I bumped up to 285s I had to trim a little. Now I am lifted, turned the lift down for flat angles, so about a 4" lift, running 35x12.5 on the same wheels, the trimming I did for the 285s is still enough.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Anything w negative offset will not fit on our trucks without modification. We have NO clearance with the way GM designed our bumpers
I have 20x10 -24 an all I did was hammer the fender in a tiny bit an zip tie the plastic up closer, Yes it’s technically a “modification” but by no means is it labor intensive or exhausting, take more time to zip tie then anything

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any pics ? I am about to buy tires tomorrow and want to make sure I get the right size

1 - 9 of 9 Posts