Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 've recently replaced my Turbo Vane Sensor. I've heard that it may need to be recalibrated after replacing it. Any truth to this ? As I have had a few issues with boost on the hi-way. Cruising at 65 mph I will get boost reads jumping around from 5 psi to 25 psi. Seems the vanes don't know WTF is going on.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yes they need to be relearned

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm guessing the dealership is able to do this for a small price (ha) ?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yeah with a tech 2 they will relearn it, im not sure on the price though

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just talked with a dealer close to me here, and they told me the sensor would have reset itself ?!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Hmm thats the first ive heard of that, id try another dealer

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I 've recently replaced my Turbo Vane Sensor. I've heard that it may need to be recalibrated after replacing it. Any truth to this ? As I have had a few issues with boost on the hi-way. Cruising at 65 mph I will get boost reads jumping around from 5 psi to 25 psi. Seems the vanes don't know WTF is going on.
Your truck can't physically make 25 psi of boost with cruise power settings.

If that reading came from the bus, I would suspect another problem. If your readings come from a sep gauge, I would look at the gauge setup.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got it re-calibrated, and seems to run fine so far. I have my boost gauge plumbed in right off the turbo, and yes it would boost 5 to 22 psi on cruise control, as the exhaust vanes would be opening and closing every few seconds.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
How much was the Vane Sensor? My brother in laws is going out on his truck....Tried sending a p.m but says you have them shut off.

Thanks, Ronnie

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from Canada, so it seems that we get raped by the dealership up here. I had to pay $ 620.00 for the f*@k'in sensor ! And that was wholesale cost too, list price I think was around $ 800.00.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts