Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up to my dump trailer this morning and the bed won’t power down. I store it with the bed about halfway up to drain rainwater and it’s always worked fine. Powers up normally, when I hit the down button the pump makes a screeching noise and the bed creeps UP instead of down. I guess there’s a valve stuck but I have no idea where to even start. Any help is much appreciated. Trailer is a 2017 Forest River, not used much and battery is good.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
those 2 black things on top of the valve body are the up/down solenoids. Try tapping on them as you power down

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sambor you were on the right track, the up/down valve was stuck open. I loosened the bottom line on the cylinder to let the bed down, and with the pressure off the system I took those neat little magnetic valves out of the pump body and found a little piece of crud wasn’t letting the valve shut. Blew everything out with compressed air, reassembled and working fine again. Thanks Sambor and random YouTube guy!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Far right hole, you can see the mystery crud holding that port open. It’s a sealed system so it almost had to be a piece of the cylinder packing. I thought about installing a filter but unless I’m mistaken both hoses are pressure and return, with the magnetic valve putting pressure on one hose, while bleeding pressure off the other side. Not sure how you’d rig a filter up on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts