Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you do hydroseeding or hydromulching? I'm a fireman and as most people know we usually have second jobs. I'm looking into this and was wondering if I could get some good info from you guys who aren't local and whose toes I wouldn't be stepping on. If any of you have tips, advice or any other info I would greatly appreciate it. You can PM if you want as not to broadcast trade secrets. Much Thanks. :help

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I would recommend talking to a state company or something of that nature.....only people around me who do this stuff is PennDot or a road crew like Benders..

·
Registered
505 Posts
Heck you can contract with the state then...

·
Registered
443 Posts
The equipment can be really steep. I'd recommend landscaping installation, if you know a little and work hard, you can do well on a flexible schedule.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My fiance's grand fathers company does it but i'm pretty sure it's big time stuff no info on it though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I looked into it last year, it looked like a conservative number to enter the field would be 5 grand. That's bare bones, but not doing it halfass...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, there are a couple of places in Dallas that rent the equipment and i already have my income so if I can just get my foot in the door and get a few jobs I could take everything I make and put it towards the purchase of my own equipment. I'm just not sure on how much to bid. Obviously on small jobs your probably gonna bid different prices than big jobs. Here TxDot bids out all that work to main contractors then they bid down from there. Its just knowing whats a good bid and is it worth it to get into. I have heard theres some great money in it if you own and operate your own setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts