Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has put it on thier LML yet?? I do alot of freeway driving and was told it will get you a litttle better MPG by 1 or 2 with 20 more HP.

·
Registered
457 Posts
How much are you getting?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did a banks cold air intake, I also did the mini max tuner and 4" straight pipe at the same time. I'm getting 580-600 per tank = about 18-19 MPG average.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
They won't do much at all until you start cranking out serious power. 500+

·
Registered
113 Posts
the stock intake is good up to 500hp if you change yours out without more than 500hp you will get no additional benefits than what yours already produces.

·
Registered
113 Posts
thats what h&s and everyone else told me anyways, lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
The new banks intake is supost to make enough power to make your trans slip from first to second the first few times until your computer relerns the new torch curve.bit suposably also extends the miles between regens. From my conversations with them they repositioned the mas so they could get more flow without throwing a code.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
the stock intake is good up to 500hp if you change yours out without more than 500hp you will get no additional benefits than what yours already produces.
Doesnt matter. I went 12.94 without the intake and 12.93 with it. It was cooler and less humid the day I ran it with the new intake. The difference was my 60ft being 1/1000 better and the conditions. Air intakes are a waste unless you buy it for the purpose I did, which is a collapsing filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts