Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two memphis tens I am wanting to mount behind the back seat of my crew cab but it looks like its gonna be a really really tight fit! Has anyone done this or do we have any speaker box gurus out there? I have a few questions?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
You need the mounting depth to be less than 4.5" to work. Most decent 10's are deeper.

I usually suggest the peerless XLS.

·
Registered
240 Posts
go to subthump.com, they got some different set ups to choose from

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Most 10's are deeper yes, BUT they make shallow mounts. I have 3 behind my back seat, so I know they'll fit.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have a single down firing from subthump.com and it seems well made and is very concealed. it has a pick up made into the box. visit their site and check out the pics. the single was $99

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I had a Subthump in my classic truck - theirs are all down firing, under the
seat. Mine was OK, but I'm not real fond of downfiring subs (personal preference, not trying to start a discussion on sub theory).

Under the seat works well for those trucks and one of the reasons they fire down is that they gain some mounting depth from the cavity under the seat bottom. Behind the seat back space perfect space to mount amps.

I didn't get a subthump for my current new body style truck - I built my own. Couldn't find the "right" one.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You are better off having them fire down. I have a box on order for my 03. I have two Boston p1 12's i am putting in. From what i am told, you can only put shallow subs behind the seat, so it is much more effective to put them under the seat. Also you will still have that space behind the seat for storage. I am also installing a rifle mount ( like one out of a back window) behind my seat to hold my rifles.

I also mounted my amp under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have a huge ass Kenwood behind my seat, it's a 12 and sounds decent for my ******* special box that I made.....also have a 10 under the seat and my amp under my seat.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes... I'll get pics up tonight...

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
they will fit i built a downfire box with some old soundstreams from the eighties (giant magnets)these were 5 1/2 deep .the box is 3/4 mdf all glued seams and stapled.after the box was built i sent it over to armor coat and had it shot with black bedliner matches my door panels perfect. in between the subs i cut in a recessed shelf for my amp.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i have a box ill sell you if your still interested PM for details

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just turned my center seat up front into a sub box. I installed a 8" kicker compVR with a SO 350 amp. sounds amazing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just turned my center seat up front into a sub box. I installed a 8" kicker compVR with a SO 350 amp. sounds amazing.
Want pictures........ Just converted my center console to the center seat. Now i have no stereo. Didnt know the Amp was going to be running everything.:cookoo[1]:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts