Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I set out to purchase a 2005 Duramax crew cab from a small dealership in Eureka Missouri last year. Truck was a 82,000 original miles no rust crew cab LS model Duramax that was lifted with hostile wheels.

We live up in Des Moines Iowa and made a several hour trip down to purchase the truck what was promised to be a beautiful truck. All in all the truck had potential but not for the price that this dealership was asking for. I continued following the truck online and noticed that it had sold sometime around July 2019 and just wondered if Anyone here ended up getting it picked up and how it was doing for them.

It was a beautiful truck that looked great ran fairly decent but the dealership just wasn’t willing to budge on the price to a comfortable point for me. Here’s a picture of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Honestly this is going to be a super long shot. The amount of people on this forum compared to the # of duramax's out on the road would be astronomical. IDK how accurate this post was, but another guy on here mentioned that this forum makes up 2% of the duramax population, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
What were they asking for it?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were asking 26,800 if I remember right for it. And it did it looks from the pictures looked like a perfect truck but when she got up to and start looking into things you could tell it had some issues that need to be fixed which was no big deal but for that price it would’ve surpassed what it was worth to me.

It needed new carpet and a new drivers seat. It had red clay dust all over interior and frame. Front end needed rebuilt, had something going on with the wastegate hanging up and making a pop noise. Just some things that when it all added up made for a great project truck but not a daily.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If it would have been in NoDak i would have said it was an oil field pickup the way you described it.

Reactions: Busa Dave
1 - 5 of 5 Posts