Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is ridiculously expensive to do right now, but just wondering how many members here have done it so far. If you have, did you get tunes for it as well or strictly a delete?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Theres a few floating around on other diesel sites. Dd and compd. Theres some on fb but I dont have social media. There is a nasty white rclb with a hoodstack on yt. With all the recent EPA crack downs in the west coast alot of people arent openly talking about deletes anymore.

·
Registered
19,138 Posts
Theres a few floating around on other diesel sites. Dd and compd. Theres some on fb but I dont have social media. There is a nasty white rclb with a hoodstack on yt. With all the recent EPA crack downs in the west coast alot of people arent openly talking about deletes anymore.
Nic. It harms the environment.

Obviously we all drive stock trucks with additional emissions equipment

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Exactly joe look at my signature. I have even more emissions equipment than stock. I even have a dpf in my Jean's to filter my rank ass deer meat farts :rofl

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah I have been outfitting my truck with more emissions then it came with, I felt it was to dirty even with the emissions so I spent some money to add more systems to try and achieve zero emissions. Two particulate filters is the way to go. I even had ocasio cortez come to my house to come check out my kitty litter box air filtration devices I constructed for old recycled chevy Ls engines.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out DuramaxMatt on YouTube, he talks about his quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve been watching his videos on the Delete. He is currently having issue with the “keep driving” message coming up on the dash. He is working with Motorops on a fix for it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
There was a guy on here not long ago from Canada, eh, who had deleted his. I think the thread was called like fresh deleted l5p or something like that.

Edit: see he isn't in Canada lol.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
The funny thing is the Ford and Cummins guys are deleting like crazy and talking about it openly. Strangely enough It’s only a issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have mine deleted.
Have you had any issues since deleting it? Whose tunes are you running? Did you do any other performance mods or just delete the dpf / DEF?

Any other info you would be willing to share would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I as well have mine deleted, 2017 L5P.
-> PPEI ECM & TCM tuning
-> WCfab 3.5" turbo horn/PVC reroute kit
-> WCfab driver side intercooler pipe
-> WCfab 4" intake & resonator delete
-> WCfab EGR fix kit
-> WCfab 3.5 downpipe
-> FloPro 5" Stainless downpipe back

truck has been running flawless, no major issues or problems i have had yet.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I as well have mine deleted, 2017 L5P.
-> PPEI ECM & TCM tuning
-> WCfab 3.5" turbo horn/PVC reroute kit
-> WCfab driver side intercooler pipe
-> WCfab 4" intake & resonator delete
-> WCfab EGR fix kit
-> WCfab 3.5 downpipe
-> FloPro 5" Stainless downpipe back

truck has been running flawless, no major issues or problems i have had yet.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! :D
How much it cost in total (with shop costs)

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much it cost in total (with shop costs)
I do not know with shop costs as i did this myself. But I've been told it varies from shop to shop but i seen anywhere from $1500 - $2000 to have it installed at a shop.

For just parts and tuning it was around $6600. Mainly the cost of the tuning, parts were only like $2200

Some people say its not worth the money but for the power these trucks make vs what it will cost to make an LML comparable to an L5P I've read it is almost the same or more to make an LML comparable to a deleted L5P.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much does an L5P blow smoke at 'spritited' acceleration or under load towing?

My tune is fairly clean, it might blow a little puff and clean right up. this is with me hauling a 30ft trailer weight around 10klbs total.

Even aggressive acceleration it blows a puff and cleans right up without a trailer.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I've had nothing but issues with mine since deleting it. I've had my "Service Exhaust Fluid System" light on now for a week with no fix in sight. I keep getting sent different files and solutions to try with no luck. There are no DTCs. Had it at the dealership today to see if they could offer any insight but are unable to do anything with the unlocked ecm. I'm likely going to try a different company for tunes as this one is not working for me at all.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts