Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had nothing but issues with mine since deleting it. I've had my "Service Exhaust Fluid System" light on now for a week with no fix in sight. I keep getting sent different files and solutions to try with no luck. There are no DTCs. Had it at the dealership today to see if they could offer any insight but are unable to do anything with the unlocked ecm. I'm likely going to try a different company for tunes as this one is not working for me at all.
Who's tuning are you using PPEI or MotorOps? Also check the connections for the DEF module but i am sure you already did that, I've seen a crappy connection inside the actual connector on the harness be dirty and cause weird issues! Just check over all the plugs for the nox sensors whether you have them tied up or the plug kit, It might make a difference. Hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've had nothing but issues with mine since deleting it. I've had my "Service Exhaust Fluid System" light on now for a week with no fix in sight. I keep getting sent different files and solutions to try with no luck. There are no DTCs. Had it at the dealership today to see if they could offer any insight but are unable to do anything with the unlocked ecm. I'm likely going to try a different company for tunes as this one is not working for me at all.
From the research I’ve been doing, I’m going to guess you have Motor Ops tuning. I’ve read where others with their tunes have the same “Service Exhaust Fluid System” message. DuramaxMatt on YouTube that was mentioned earlier in this thread has had the same issue with their tunes. He mentioned it in one of his videos. I haven’t seen any issues reported with PPEI tunes. Still haven't figured out if there are differences between model years of L5Ps or of it really is the differences in tunes. Not enough info posted out there that I can find on deleted L5Ps yet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This stuff is exactly why the computer swapping option for the delete is just not feasible.
How else is there to do it? After all, it took 3 years to crack the computer to be able to delete these trucks. If there was a better or easier way to do it, I’m sure they would be deleting them without swapping computers.

Remember when tuning went from inline add on devices to flashing the computer. A lot of people were saying the same thing then. Sure, there were some issues early on, but they were addressed and the next thing you know, almost all tunes were flashed onto the computer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How else is there to do it? After all, it took 3 years to crack the computer to be able to delete these trucks. If there was a better or easier way to do it, I’m sure they would be deleting them without swapping computers.

Remember when tuning went from inline add on devices to flashing the computer. A lot of people were saying the same thing then. Sure, there were some issues early on, but they were addressed and the next thing you know, almost all tunes were flashed onto the computer.
Well I certainly hope that computer swapping is not the next wave of tuning because $6000+ to delete a truck is just ridiculous. I will never delete mine at that cost

Personally I think it's BS that they charge you extra for the tune even if you buy the ECM & TCM from them..why can't they just sell it to you with the tune already on there? That's the whole point of buying an aftermarket ECM. But I guess when you basically have a monopoly on the market you can do what you want

·
Registered
76 Posts

Exactly. There is no tuning available, and the computer swap is bandaid fix. This will be cracked soon enough, and we will be able to load tunes as normally would be done. These early adopters of computer swaps are funding the real tuning we will eventually get. You would have to be an idiot to do this computer swapping and wasting money. I have not seen any that work right... Even after the dealer reprogram that instantly flags your truck as voided warranty. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Exactly. There is no tuning available, and the computer swap is bandaid fix. This will be cracked soon enough, and we will be able to load tunes as normally would be done. These early adopters of computer swaps are funding the real tuning we will eventually get. You would have to be an idiot to do this computer swapping and wasting money. I have not seen any that work right... Even after the dealer reprogram that instantly flags your truck as voided warranty. Patience is a virtue.
As long as the EPA doesn’t shut all the tuners down first. Already lost several good ones.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
remember your truck will not have much value after you do it, just to you, and GM wont touch it even for a recall

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
remember your truck will not have much value after you do it, just to you, and GM wont touch it even for a recall
Just keep the original parts so it can be switched back before you sell. Then sell the parts for the delete separate.

Only voids warranty for anything that can be blamed on the mods. Does not effect recall for unrelated parts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It looks like there may be a fix for it now. He doesn’t say what the fix is in this video, but he doesn’t have the message popping up any more. I’m guessing he is trying to make sure the message doesn’t come back before he posts a video on it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow! He's not real happy with his "gas" mileage...but he "floors" it a lot so who knows. Lame!
I agree. His MPG wasn't the reason I posted the video tho. 2 or 3 videos before the one I posted, he was having the same "Service Exhaust Fluid System" message that JPhilott was having after his L5P delete. In that video, he was unable to post MPGs because he couldn't get the CEL message to clear. He had been sent new files to try from Motor Ops, but nothing had worked up to that point to clear the CEL and message. In the video I posted, he obviously got it cleared, but did not comment on what he did to get it cleared. Hoping he will say what it was in a future video.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My tune is fairly clean, it might blow a little puff and clean right up. this is with me hauling a 30ft trailer weight around 10klbs total.

Even aggressive acceleration it blows a puff and cleans right up without a trailer.
Which one of PPEI's tunes are you running?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I'm running PPEI and have another file to try later today or tomorrow. Mine still runs and drives fine but seems like its over fueling a bit and doesn't have all the power it should... I think its in limp mode but with the speed limited to 255km/h I can still get around. Will keep everyone posted once I load the new file in...I hear motorops has some sort of high speed connection cable or harness that plugs in somewhere? does anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm running PPEI and have another file to try later today or tomorrow. Mine still runs and drives fine but seems like its over fueling a bit and doesn't have all the power it should... I think its in limp mode but with the speed limited to 255km/h I can still get around. Will keep everyone posted once I load the new file in...I hear motorops has some sort of high speed connection cable or harness that plugs in somewhere? does anyone have any info on this?
From what I have read, all the hardware comes from HP Tuners. Only difference between Motor Ops and PPEI is the tunes they put in the MVPI2. At least that is my understanding anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree. His MPG wasn't the reason I posted the video tho. 2 or 3 videos before the one I posted, he was having the same "Service Exhaust Fluid System" message that JPhilott was having after his L5P delete. In that video, he was unable to post MPGs because he couldn't get the CEL message to clear. He had been sent new files to try from Motor Ops, but nothing had worked up to that point to clear the CEL and message. In the video I posted, he obviously got it cleared, but did not comment on what he did to get it cleared. Hoping he will say what it was in a future video.
From watching his video, I think that he said this issue was corrected by changing the characters of related code to upper case. Case sensitivity was the culprit they think.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
From watching his video, I think that he said this issue was corrected by changing the characters of related code to upper case. Case sensitivity was the culprit they think.
Someone else asked him “What was the fix for the clean dpf issue?”

His response “Just had to change some of the emissions parameters in the tuning.”

I then asked him this question.

“Was that something you were able to do on your own with the programmer, or did it require Motor Ops to make the programming changes and send new files to you?”

His reply “had to get updated file from motor ops”

·
Registered
22 Posts
Which one of PPEI's tunes are you running?
I've been running the 200HP tune from PPEI for about 4k miles without any issues. 99% of these miles were pulling my trailer for snowmobile trips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! He's not real happy with his "gas" mileage...but he "floors" it a lot so who knows. Lame!
I have not watched the video yet but me beating on my truck on and off i am getting 18-19mpg.

I just recently did a trip truck only to ohio and used cruise at 75mph the whole time and i got 26.8MPG

Hauling my 29ft enclosed snowmobile/car trailer loaded with 4 sleds roughly 8000lbs total i get 13.7MPG

These are the numbers ive seen personally on my truck.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts