Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You pull that load on a +200hp tune? No built trans?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You pull that load on a +200hp tune? No built trans?
\

Correct i pull on the +200HP tune and no built trans but i have the trans tuning which helped alot!

If i pull over 10k then i drop the tune down but so far EGT's while towing in the +200HP tune have been spot on.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Man... miss that deleted punch lol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Did your tuna say if it was ok to pull on that tune? It's just that the rule of thumb always was to turn the power down closer to stock as the weight went up...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here’s a video that I viewed this morning. They did all thier own work and published their Instagram ID for communication.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did your tuna say if it was ok to pull on that tune? It's just that the rule of thumb always was to turn the power down closer to stock as the weight went up...
The guy i purchased all my stuff from that talks to my tuner on a daily basis said anything under 10k lbs its okay to be in the 200hp tune.

I tried all the others as well and found the 200hp was the best fuel mileage and EGT's as well so i stuck with it.

They dont make a tow tune yet for the L5P that i am aware of like the previous years its just different HP and TQ numbers.

My truck just seemed happy on the +200 HP tune pulling 8klbs and EGT's were around 500-600
Sometimes went up to 800-900 when going uphill but that's a given.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wasn't going to delete my truck any time soon, but after seeing that video and how involved the EGR delete looks, I don't know if I will ever delete it. Hopefully someone comes out with a way to just delete the exhaust and not the EGR...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I removed the EGR nonsense and replaced the intake pipe that bolts directly to the turbo and rerouted the PVC. So far I have 4 egr related codes but the truck runs fine without any other issues after running it for about 500 miles.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah I have been outfitting my truck with more emissions then it came with, I felt it was to dirty even with the emissions so I spent some money to add more systems to try and achieve zero emissions. Two particulate filters is the way to go. I even had ocasio cortez come to my house to come check out my kitty litter box air filtration devices I constructed for old recycled chevy Ls engines.
Yeah me to dude. I feel so very super dirty. Kinda sounds Fordish right? 🙂 Actually I added a 3rd dpf, 6 EGR’s, 3 Urea tanks and a couple super dual micron mufflers just to be safe. Think I will still commit suicide though just to remove any carbon footprints I might leave on this planet. LOL.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yeah me to dude. I feel so very super dirty. Kinda sounds Fordish right? 🙂 Actually I added a 3rd dpf, 6 EGR’s, 3 Urea tanks and a couple super dual micron mufflers just to be safe. Think I will still commit suicide though just to remove any carbon footprints I might leave on this planet. LOL.
Did you have to get HP tuners unlocked ECU to put the programming in for all the extra emissions equipment you added?:rofl

·
Registered
157 Posts

Haha, Im embarrassed that I only have two dpf’s and not three. Gonna go home and fabricate that now. Probably gonna buy 200,000 acres and destroy all of it by mining for lithium ion to make “zero emissions” electric cars, maybe put a solar farm on it to if I have space.

Definitely not gonna have any diesel powered equipment working on my mine, I bet thats possible, I always see tesla’s on the road that say zero emissions on them. And Im always just amazed that they produce these electric cars without producing any emissions in the process. Just amazing that they can make the body, electronics, massive lithium ion battery,etc. And have facilities to do all this in without producing any emissions in the process.

Ha, those zero emissions vanity plates on electric cars are stupid, no car on the road or any car that will ever be on the road will be a true zero emissions vehicle. Its all just a bunch of crap. Not to mention when are these electric cars are going to go to the junkyard and have battery acids and other junk from the battery dripping into the ground. That sounds like its good for the environment Gonna step off my soapbox now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Getting ready to pull the trigger and start ordering parts for my delete. Anything new I need to know before ordering?

Thanks!

Reactions: Kharris71

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
be aware your warranty will be zero, and any recalls involving engine or drive train will be zero, so good luck, and its against the law

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
be aware your warranty will be zero, and any recalls involving engine or drive train will be zero, so good luck, and its against the law
Too bad there is no law protecting unsuspecting owners from dangerously unreliable emissions technology that can't manage more than a few months between multi-thousand dollar repairs, stranding in the middle of nowhere, and weeks loss of use. 'dunno;

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mine has had a few parts fall off. And it doesn’t take weeks or months to get any parts from anywhere, with the exception of powder coated parts from Wehrli, and he runs about 15 days out. Any other questions, fire away.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not just emission parts on back order. Waiting 3 weeks for a oem Garret turbo for a 2015. None available nationwide. Lots of trucks waiting with no released availability date.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im leaning heavily towards deleting before winter, im not a fan of my truck being all blocked up. I knew what i was getting into when i bought it, but thought more conventional deleting options would be available by now. Has anyone heard about more conventional deleting being available soon??? I havent heard much of anything except discussion, so figured i would ask.

Regarding waiting for parts - even some recalls dont have fixes e.g. the block heater on my 19' - told not to use it, and will need to come winter time in the NE, lets go GM, get it together!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not just emission parts on back order. Waiting 3 weeks for a oem Garret turbo for a 2015. None available nationwide. Lots of trucks waiting with no released availability date.
I got a turbo i just pulled out of my 2016 with 23k miles on it if your'e interested.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts