I as well have mine deleted, 2017 L5P.
-> PPEI ECM & TCM tuning
-> WCfab 3.5" turbo horn/PVC reroute kit
-> WCfab driver side intercooler pipe
-> WCfab 4" intake & resonator delete
-> WCfab EGR fix kit
-> WCfab 3.5 downpipe
-> FloPro 5" Stainless downpipe back

truck has been running flawless, no major issues or problems i have had yet.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! :D
Where did you find the egr fix kit on wcfab

·
Registered
760 Posts
Had the opportunity to ride in a deleted L5P the other day that a guy has at work. Not sure of all the exact details but i know he has SDP piping, Wehrli turbo horn, & Fass lift pump. He was running the 230 tune & holy wow do these trucks rips for just deletes. I was amazed of the torque that these trucks have. I will admit i am kinda jealous for deletes but that price tag to do so is pretty steep. If anyone is wanting more specifics i can try to get some answers for ya'll. I do know that he said that it made a world of difference on the top end when he put the FASS lift pump on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I'm interested in a delete once MotorOpps and PPEI or anyone else that gets in the game works out all the bugs is there any portion of the build that I can start now without the tune? Can any of the WCFab parts be added ahead of time to tip toe into the full delete and tune Id like to do next spring?

·
Vendor
10,944 Posts
Where did you find the egr fix kit on wcfab
We offer their egr solution and L5P up-pipe. I will pm you some pricing.

If I'm interested in a delete once MotorOpps and PPEI or anyone else that gets in the game works out all the bugs is there any portion of the build that I can start now without the tune? Can any of the WCFab parts be added ahead of time to tip toe into the full delete and tune Id like to do next spring?
You can do OE up-pipes, cold air intake and intercooler pipes with tuning in most cases. If I can be of assistance with pricing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Would the 2" WCFab up pipe be used on the delete?
Are you talking about the L5P 2in kit? It is labelled for offroad use but uses the stock exhaust manifolds. Yes you could use that. Typically guys just weld the passenger side closed or replace it with one that is welded shut.

No up-pipe on the truck?
Yes the L5P, like its older brothers have up-pipes.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are other companies actually even working on deletes for these trucks? I’m starting to think it’s not gonna happen as it’s been 3 years now for the L5P and still nothing but very silly pricing. I personally would do a delete if and when they are more reasonably priced but will not as it stands now. Probably will just go back to Ford or maybe try a new Ram. GM is still partially owned by the Feds which is the reasoning for why they all the emissions equipment is so locked down. I don’t expect Ford or Ram to go to this extent for a long time as they are profiting right now from customers that want the flexibility. Ford is and has been in first place for years now and Ram took second in 2017. Too much money on the table to take away what people want. I guess time will tell though.

That all being said I do like my truck and the emissions equipment seems to work well. I just hate watching the fuel mileage drop like a rock when going into regen. My last trip to South Carolina went from 21.6 to 19.7 in a matter of 20 minutes. Combine that with jet black contaminated oil in less than 500 miles and I pretty much despise the emission design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
10,944 Posts
Are other companies actually even working on deletes for these trucks? I’m starting to think it’s not gonna happen as it’s been 3 years now for the L5P and still nothing but very silly pricing. I personally would do a delete if and when they are more reasonably priced but will not as it stands now. Probably will just go back to Ford or maybe try a new Ram. GM is still partially owned by the Feds which is the reasoning for why they all the emissions equipment is so locked down. I don’t expect Ford or Ram to go to this extent for a long time as they are profiting right now from customers that want the flexibility. Ford is and has been in first place for years now and Ram took second in 2017. Too much money on the table to take away what people want. I guess time will tell though.

That all being said I do like my truck and the emissions equipment seems to work well. I just hate watching the fuel mileage drop like a rock when going into regen. My last trip to South Carolina went from 21.6 to 19.7 in a matter of 20 minutes. Combine that with jet black contaminated oil in less than 500 miles and I pretty much despise the emission design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So you have to take into account the cost it took to develop what is available currently. I am sure it it well into 6 or 7 figures. Sure tuners could give it away but like any good business owner, they have to make some of their money back. There are other companies working on tuning and I think you will see more options soon but I can't put a date or cost to what is to come. Again it comes down to what is costs them to develop.

It would be nice for EFI Live or EZLynk to come out with a solution but as far as I know at this point there is nothing else avail other then an ECU swap, HPTuner and tunes. You could always go with a Banks Derringer but you would be still using your emissions equipment.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts