Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 duramax with the alison tarns. I put an edge on it about 2 years ago and now it is not going into reverse sometimes and when it does go into drive it is like it is starting off in a higher gear. It is showing some bad codes when we plug it into a computer none of the chevy people can figure it out or even want to try has anyone ever had something happen like this????

·
Registered
8 Posts
you might wanna take the edge off and see what it does. totally disconnect it from the truck. ive got an 03' and my truck would just shut off when i would be coming to a stop and in the message center it read batteries not charging. but then you could just start it right back up. tried reading codes on it come up with some funky codes no one could figure out. so i disconnected my edge and the problem was solved. they got a warranty on them to where you can send it back and get a new one. thats what i had to do. ive heard guys having different kinds of weird problems like that and ended up just being their edge box. so check that out.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Try a NSBU switch. Other than that, you might have fried your tranny with the edge, but I haven't heard of anyone that fried it so bad that they had trouble driving it. When is the last time you changed your spin-on filter for your tranny? How about fluid?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts