Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a backup cam to install on back of camper so I can see what's going on behind me and back up to my boat trailer. It would be nice to tie the cam into the correct infotainment center.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/elect...-92302792.html

2019 Silverado 3500 Camera, Single, Wireless, Towing Package
Write Review
Additional Information

Part # 19353498
Manufacturer : Genuine GM

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your link doesn't open for me, but I googled it and found mfr website. It's $699!!!!

I've been shopping for last 2 weeks, and you can get a nicer system for half the cost, but you get another monitor to put somewhere. And these work while underway. The GM above says it will be spotty underway.

But it would be nice to use the built in monitor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
How is the camera powered? Does it have to be wired into the 12VDC on the trailer? If so, go to "ranchcams.net" and look at theirs-- looks identical to this one you are looking at. I use their systems in both horse trailers, but mine are hard-wired to the monitor in the cab.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive got the GMC one tied into the Infotainment system. Didn't want a separate screen in the cab. It's mounted right above my camper door and hard wired in to the camper 12V system with a power switch on it. That is the only thing I dislike about the system. Im going to change that and piggy back it off the 7 pin for constant 12V power while under way. Its kind of a pain to remember to turn off and on the camera.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Ranchcams has a wireless camera for $180. Maybe call him and see if it will talk to your info system? He is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff with this. Good luck with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts