Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a GMC 2500 and thinking about adding a cap over the bed for my dogs. Anyone have any pics on how it looks on the new body? Anyone do something similar for their animals and have any feedback?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this topper on my 07 Silverado 14 years it's held up wonderfully it was one of the best additions to my truck I love the rear door it can open as a man door or a van door. And the tool boxes on each side of the topper where great. It is made by ARE. It also have the rails on the top that allow you too attached crossbar for a roof rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a 2500 RCLB Chevy in march and ordered a mid-rise cap from ARE that they haven't started production yet as of 3/20.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ooooh! She's pretty! (the lady, not the dog, but that's a cool dog too)

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
572 Posts
I use the black and yellow stacking boxes at HD or Lowz.. they slide well. I can stack 3 high if I want to. Rather than crawl in the truck bed, I have a rope attached to each box thru the edge holes… just give a tug… I can pull a row at a time.

This is good because I do not have to unhitch Mjolnir from Thor. Just drop the gate and pull out what I need.. and I didn’t have to drop a wad of cash on a bedslide which adds more weight and looses room. I can remove the boxes and store easily too. The boxes are not “water tight” a serious consideration.

If I were to buy another, I might put the easy access side boxes instead of windows. That is very helpful if you need a lot of smaller items like a service truck. You can store fishing rods on the inside ceiling or on sides… lots of flexibility.

I had an F150 (shhhh don’t tell anyone) extended cab with a tall cap. I built a suspended floor at top of the wheel wells without a single screw or fasteners into the truck. It was 3 pieces. We put an airbed in it, the luggage put underneath and curtains on the windows. Then a “boot” which inflated between cab and cap so I could open the rear window to blast AC back…and keep a positive pressure.. we would take turns with our kids in there traveling.. heck it was like a motor home…

I may still build the setup in Thor, but the current setup is working great.. and kids are big fellers and the friggin bleeding hearts freak out just looking at me… so, I got that going for me…

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
he just wanted to show off his wall with motorcycle pictures and his binders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts