Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which lift pump do you like?

• Airdog

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • PPE

Votes: 3 7.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a PPE lift pump and it would help if I had some pictures of the install to go off of....Thanks guys!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Im looking at buying a PPE lift pump and it would help if I had some pictures of the install to go off of....Thanks guys!
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "lift pump"? Lifts your truk?
Gary

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
its mounted to the frame located under the driver's door area..it hooks into the fuel lines..it also seperates the air and water from the fuel..supposed to make ur pump and injectors last longer..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^^^^x2 also presurizes fuel lines so that you constantly getting fuel to your engine so that when you running a tune that needs more fuel you dont starve your engine of fuel which equals more performance....

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
thank you taysdmax, yes it does all of that too..it is recommended when running some higher settings with a programmer like the ppe..and if ur looking for an air dog, just look at some different sites and they should also come with detailed instructions on how to install..they do not take too long to install..:drink

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys apreciate it...cant wait to get one cause driving on the high way and giving it some expecially when next to a tiny little ricer...I get irritated when I get to 70mph and the damn fail safe turns on...biggest pain in the ass ever...

·
Registered
809 Posts
where is the best place to buy one?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ebay to be honest with you but if you dont like ebay any online diesel performance website they all have the same prices...

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I've installed a few but never took any pics.

You will need to go to the local hydraulic shop and get 2 fittings. Then get an A/C line quick disconnect tool and 8' of fuel line. Disconnect the OEM line from the sender to the fuel cooler. Save it. Mount pump in desired location. Run fuel line from sender to pump, then pump to cooler. Wire her up and you're good to go.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome thanks man...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i have a video on my cell phone i can send to ur email

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
airdog...thats what i am getting hands down

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea my stock lift pumps on its way out where can i find pictures. would be a big help

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
"Only How TO post belong in this forum!!! If your NOT showing/telling us HOW TO then DO NOT post it here."

Noomorereadrulez

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
yea my stock lift pumps on its way out where can i find pictures. would be a big help
Searching the forum would be a start... :drink

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
something tells me it's not:rofl

You CP3 pump might be going out....a lift pump may solve your problems with that to though. It will take all the stress off of it from pulling the fuel all the way from the tank.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
There is no stock lift pump. The only fuel pump our trucks have is the CP3 and its in the valley of the motor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.