Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
17,252 Posts

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Yeah but he has the AFE stage 2 and LBZ mouthpiece, that alone adds 51HP.
yea...probably has a lot of stickers too...maybe even some CARBON FIBER! :hide thats like 50hp per foot squared:rolleyes:

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
actually now that i think about it...i bet that boost controller helps burn up a lot of that fuel quads usually blow out the tailpipe

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Just because you get efi doesnt mean your fast....:rof:rof
yeah it does brian you didn't know its like when you buy a ppe hot+2 and put it on your brand new stock duramax you can put it on the biggest tune and its a instant 425hp more !!!!!:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok I'm back, I had the quad on level 6 or 135HP, boost controller turned up, it smokes at first then clears up. Tranny is toast. Yes we're rookies only been to the track 6 times! We will be going to tulsa next year to see what they do in the quarter. I did beat details twice and said it as a joke bc he blew the tires off of it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It did put down 407HP running out of fuel at 3200 RPM's, it would just fall on its face. The intake did make a big difference.

·
Banned
17,252 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Rev limit is turned up to 4400 on the quad when its on 135. When its in park i can rev it to 4000. I've also limped the trans 8 times.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Ok I'm back, I had the quad on level 6 or 135HP, boost controller turned up, it smokes at first then clears up. Tranny is toast. Yes we're rookies only been to the track 6 times! We will be going to tulsa next year to see what they do in the quarter. I did beat details twice and said it as a joke bc he blew the tires off of it.
you know all the way up is 40psi right?

and that = very unhappy/inefficient turbo

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
LOL I don't have a boost gauge so i really don't know, let me correct myself, tured up to me is about the 6 o clock on the dial, I normally run it at the 3 to be safe. I did bark it once and it scared the crap out of me. Here were we're at there's not alot of Dmax's that come to the track. This year me and Details went was the only two that ran against the dodge, and furd boys. I'm not tryin to call anyone out, Just would like to see more compete around here.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
An 11.54 1000' is about mid 13s

Dont make me come down there and smoke all y'all. :D

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
LOL I don't have a boost gauge so i really don't know, let me correct myself, tured up to me is about the 6 o clock on the dial, I normally run it at the 3 to be safe. I did bark it once and it scared the crap out of me. Here were we're at there's not alot of Dmax's that come to the track. This year me and Details went was the only two that ran against the dodge, and furd boys. I'm not tryin to call anyone out, Just would like to see more compete around here.
yea you need to get a boost gauge asap specially with one of those....anything over 35psi is a problem and is going to blow your turbo...plus after that more boost isnt more power the air gets too hot

·
Registered
480 Posts
Responding on the I phone is not to fun, but between us that actually have mods it would be a good race. I'm ready to make the trip if you guys are! Im going to Tulsa Friday. First one spins loses!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
True that it does seem to run better when i have it turned down. The gauges are one of the next things on the list.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
if it would make you feel any better your truck is running some 13.70 to 13.90s in the 1/4 duracopter

21 - 40 of 62 Posts