Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this past winter that after I put my truck back into 2wd, it took a few minutes to disengage while I was driving down the road. sometime when it did kick out, it kinda clunked. anyways, yesterday I got into a little mud and had to put it into 4. I forgot and left it in four and went down the pavement. the truck was vibrating fairly bad. I took it out of four a few miles down the road. and when I got to my destination I noticed a grease smell and there was oil or grease around the inside of my fender well and around the shock and suspension. could not tell exactly where it was coming from. anyone have any ideas of what it might be before I have to take it to a mechanic?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Transfer Case?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Maybe the front diff was leaking and running down the cv's then flicked onto your fender well.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I am betting since you have 285's on your truck it is leveled or had the t-bars cranked up.

Sounds to me like you have a cv axle going out if not already out. When you crank up the front to puts more of an angle on the axles and will cause a vibration and sometimes binding.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone. so anyone know about how much the cv axle would be to fix if that is the problem?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
$70 for a reman axle and about a hour and a half labor to put it in. It shouldnt take that long but that is what it books for.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
$70 for a reman axle and about a hour and a half labor to put it in. It shouldnt take that long but that is what it books for.
fuck :banghead

The stealership raped me on that. Both were $700 installed

·
Registered
27 Posts
ouch 700 you got bent over on that one

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Seriously? Were at I've never looked in to them...

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Napaonline.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts