Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! I have a 03 Silverado 1500HD(8 lug gasser) that I'm looking to lift before the year ends.

I just had a couple of questions regarding lift kit part # K861B.
Is this a true 6" lift or does it require cranking of the torsion bars to get to 6"? Reason I ask is I am trying to find a lift kit that I can set to around 4.5" to 5" in height.
How many inches does this kit increase the track width by?
Would love to hear current personal experiences with Superlift lift kits. I originally was looking at a 4" Tuff Country lift w/ bilsteins because the track width isn't pushed out a crazy amount (3/8" each side) but that kit comes out to $1700+.

I know many would say just go Cognito or BDS but really I mainly use the truck for hauling light things, couple of trips to pismo, light to fairly moderate trails, and daily driving. So a full 6" lift is def. not needed for me. But I just want to hear your input on Superlift. Thanks!

Link to lift kit (planning on going with the bilsteins):
https://superlift.com/6in-chevy-gmc-lif ... do-1500-hd

·
Registered
37 Posts
I completely forgot about that lift company until I read this thread. Regretfully I do not have any lift on my truck, but will hopefully find what I am looking for coming up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely forgot about that lift company until I read this thread. Regretfully I do not have any lift on my truck, but will hopefully find what I am looking for coming up.
Not a common lift kit nowadays with all the competition around. Growing up in the late 80s and 90s these kits were a lot more popular back then. It was one of the first companies to start making lift kits for consumers. I am just really interested because the pricing w/ bilstein shocks is hard to pass up for me.

I emailed Superlift but still waiting on a response. Would love to hear any personal experiences with this lift on any members personal truck. Once I get my questions answered it's go time haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well found my answer looking over the installation in instruction.

"Subtract Measurement “B” from “A” for the ride height figure. Minimum ride height is 5”; maximum is 5.5”. Ideal ride height is 5.25”. Raise height by tightening the torsion bar adjusting bolt; lower height by loosening the bolt. Adjust height 3/8” to 1/2” above the final desired ride height, since the bars will settle slightly after the vehicle is driven"

https://superlift.com/images/Install_Guides/ZpRcImLMSuel9ZaCKZ9Y_3320.pdf

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not a common lift kit nowadays with all the competition around. Growing up in the late 80s and 90s these kits were a lot more popular back then. It was one of the first companies to start making lift kits for consumers. I am just really interested because the pricing w/ bilstein shocks is hard to pass up for me.

I emailed Superlift but still waiting on a response. Would love to hear any personal experiences with this lift on any members personal truck. Once I get my questions answered it's go time haha.
I have never actually did a lift kit on any of my trucks. I always looked for trucks with them lifted already. I am looking towards a leveling kit but there's no telling what my wallet will make me do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.