Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering of I can clear 13.50 37's. I have heard ot go both ways. Feedback and pics welcome.

·
Registered
686 Posts
who's lift ?

yes u should clear ur prolly gonna need to trim a lil and if u need u can allways turn torsion bars up a lil ,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Pro Comp 6", the front air dam and fender areas that are normally trimmed....already are.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It depends on your wheel offset. I have 8" Lift and 37s and they will sometimes rub

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what the offset or backspacing is, I will have to get back and pop one of them off to check. Also, if I crank up the torsion bars in the front, wont it ride like hell?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bump....
I'm interested in 37x12.5's as well...

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
my truck still rubs alittle when turning over a curb or large rock and ive done some trimming

·
Registered
189 Posts
I see you have 8", I assume the rubbing is due primarily to width?

Also what trimming did you do?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Im on 8in fabtech and 37x14R24 and have Noo rub.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What brand of rim are they?? you should be able to find backspace on there website.

On a NNBS truck its much ahrder to fit 37s, so dont take SmoknLBZ's post into account as he has a nbs which is way easier to stuff.

Ur backsapce will probably be the same if not more than mine on 22x12's, so they will work, but you will need to do the NorCal Fender Mod, and tie the front of the plastic liner back

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you crank to 8" you will suffer a bit in ride, but not that much as long as you have some good shocks ie bilstein, fox, king

·
Registered
412 Posts
im gonna be installing 37x12.50x17 coopers on a 6in zone lift. backspacing is everything. im going with a 17x9 with a -12mm offset. it should work nice. i dont plan to beat my truck offroad, so there will be some trimming needed, but it'll stay onroad 99.9% of the time.

like everyone said, i think it depends on the wheel width and offset/backspacing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check my math.... 17x9 -12 is 4.5" of backspace right?
((9+1)/2)-.5 = 4.5"

Also what is a nnbs truck vs nbs?

Also I found the norcal fender mod sticky but it looks like the pics are not there anymore.... bummer. Is there another site with the pics?

·
Registered
412 Posts
correct, they are 4.5. nbs i think is 03-07.5 and nnbs is 07.5-current. new body style, and new new body style. somebody please correct me if im wrong.

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
obs is 01-07
nbs is 7.5-10
nnbs is 11+

nbs has the smallest wheel well

·
Registered
138 Posts
im running 37x13.5 on 20x14s with 4.5 backspacing and i rub on hard turns (pretty much almost to fully locked) and when hitting a bump while turned more than half way wither way and have rub on fender and sometimes on minor trimmed bumper

1 - 19 of 19 Posts