Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Just looked these up. Thanks
Looks like the Hastings side mount, relabeled for wix.

Most all filter mfr's offer a filter head. Some are top mounts (Baldwin), others are side mounts, and many offered are relabeled from another source.

Premium Member
When I added the dual Kennedy pumps I also put a dual filter/separator immediately after the lift pumps. I also kept the stock filter in place up front. The lift pumps really help if somebody runs your truck empty. I also got the fuel test port gauge. I check every oil change and once the pressure drops enough it's time for a filter change.
You would be better off moving the WS/Filter to be located before the LP. It works better in suction (before the LP emulsifies any water with the fuel) than in pressure.

The second filter works better under pressure so it should be after the LP.

Registered
You would be better off moving the WS/Filter to be located before the LP. It works better in suction (before the LP emulsifies any water with the fuel) than in pressure.

The second filter works better under pressure so it should be after the LP.
I've been thinking about that for about six months now :grin2: Agree it is better to suck through the water separator. I do get water out of my separator pushing fuel through it.

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
I do get water out of my separator pushing fuel through it.
That will work, it's just more efficient at water removal the other way around.

Registered
I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure?

The reason that I am installing a lift pump is that when I am towing a heavy load the pick up goes into limp mode with the code for low rail pressure. I was told that when the fuel heats the rubber hose, it will collapse causing the low rail pressure code to come in. A lift pump should eliminate this from happening.

Registered
BUT, if your rubber fuel lines are collapsing a liftpump is only a bandaid.
The fuel lines should really be checked out and replaced if they are bad.

Registered
I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure? ...
Yes. I did mine in Oct. '17. I had the very rare bad OPS. Ohm readings were correct (closed when no pressure; open when it senses pressure). But when there was actual voltage applied from the controller (about 11.3v for what it's worth), the OPS stayed closed (conducted) when there was oil pressure. Again, a rare failure, but just my luck.

If you have installation questions or problems, John Kennedy is very good about responding to emails!

Premium Member
I just bought a Kennedy dual lift pump. I have the wiring done, I just need to install the pumps, extra filtration and fuel lines. I checked the wiring on it, and had ohm reading (closed) on the wires to the oil pressure switch when the pickup was off and when I started it the oil pressure switch had an infinitive (open). Is the oil pressure switch suppose to be open when it senses pressure?

The reason that I am installing a lift pump is that when I am towing a heavy load the pick up goes into limp mode with the code for low rail pressure. I was told that when the fuel heats the rubber hose, it will collapse causing the low rail pressure code to come in. A lift pump should eliminate this from happening.
The LP will mask the problem. This is the solution, with LP or not:

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/diy-tech-discussion/63780-found-fix-p0087-when-under-load.html

Registered
Thanks for the replies. It only goes it to limp mode while towing a heavy load. If it continues to do it after the lift pump is installed I will check it out further to find out what the problem is.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts