Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get the tall 2 lense tow mirrors.
i can only find them for like 300 bucks (power, blinker)
can someone direct me to a cheap place to buy or anyone selling some.
i have the other extending cordian towing morrors if anyones looking for those ugly ones:D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Stay away from koolvue unless you dont mind the top lenses vibrating some are worse than others but its pretty common I paid 300 for mine and hated them ever since best way to go is to find a wrecked truck that has them from the factory

Ive heard that the nonpowered ones dont shake but who wants those...

·
Registered
181 Posts
What brand does Autozone sell?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Stay away from koolvue unless you dont mind the top lenses vibrating some are worse than others but its pretty common I paid 300 for mine and hated them ever since best way to go is to find a wrecked truck that has them from the factory

Ive heard that the nonpowered ones dont shake but who wants those...
All you have to do to combat the vibration is install wheel weights on the corner of the mirrors (on the inside obviously)

Worked like a charm for me and haven't had a single complaint since then. So I recommend the kool vues through discountautomirros.com. just my 0.02

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that going to be the cheapest brand new mirror?
my buddy has a repo lot and im waiting for them to pull in a truck with em so i can swap but its taking forever:cool:

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Check ebay as well. I picked mine up for my LMM for about 250. I cannot beleive GM even put regular mirrors on a 3500 dually you could not see past the fenders.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
They look good to me. The price is good as well. Like stated above they may shake a little but that can be fixed pretty easily

·
Registered
51 Posts
As long as the mirror doesn't distort. I bought a mirror for an older truck many years ago and the image was distorted very annoying since you didn't see well which defeats the purpose. Can anyone who has the Discount Auto mirrors tell us if they are of good quality, I am afraid cheap is not always the best way to go.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my only concern now is will the plugs be the same? i dont want to order them and not have them work??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yes the plugs will be the same. I ordered mine through discount auto mirrors as stated above and haven't had an issue. if you have the accordions they will be blinker, power and heated. just match that to their list on the website and you'll be good to go!

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
order mirrors for an 06 because they changed the mirrors for a nbs truck... but I have the koolview mirrors, and they do shake some... i may try the stick on wheel weights!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought the recommended textured with heat and power per the phone representative at discount auto mirrors. I will have to rewire mine as the connectors aren't the same as factory. But, they don't shake at all and power/heat really don't matter to me so I figured keep 'em...because I have read some of them do shake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are your mirrors pointed in the front? at the point it mounts to your truck?? I have an 07 classic and ordered some turned out they were 07.5 which are rounded in the front. 07.5-up are going to be this way so you need 07 classic and earlier bud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts